Chapter 7

I grabbed onto Astrid's shoulders plates super tight and tried to swallow away the fear. I sighed and kept looking down at the water.

"Astrid, do you think Windspike will be okay?" I asked her. Her back stiffened. "I don't know. It all depends on whether or not the solvent works. She should be fine." Astrid said.

I wanted to cry. You might think I'm a coward or something but imagine if your pet ate something that is basically poison. It's really unsettling. If Windspike didn't get better, she will be taken over by this eel and she could probably die because of this.

"Look there she is!" Snotlout said pointing. He had seen Windspike and she was flying around all crazy and wacky. She was flying to the island where we experienced the Whispering Death attack.

When Snotlout realized it was that specific island, he was disappointed. "Oh, come on." Snotlout said. "Snotlout it'll be fine. We just need to give Windspike the solvent and then she will be better." Hiccup said.

Windspike had landed on the island and she was shaking her head around and flapping her wings rapidly. "Is she ok?" I asked. "She's fine, it's just the eel. Trust me once we give her the medicine she will be cured in no time." Astrid said.

"Ok so here's the plan. Ruff and Tuff, you make a distraction to get Windspike's attention while we take control of Windspike. Then Hadley will feed her the solvent. I'll explain more when we get down there." Hiccup exclaimed.

Next we all flew down towards Windspike. We landed further away from her so we wouldn't startle her. We bent down behind a bush and went more into depth with the plan.

Fishlegs handed me the medicine. "Are you ok feeding her the medicine?" Fishlegs asked. "Ya, I'll do it." I replied.

Fishlegs cautiously handed me the bowl filled with the solvent. It smelled like fish and dirt and it was a vibrant green color.

I gripped the bowl tightly with my two hands and then slowly walked over to Windspike. She kept twitching and I felt so terrible for her.

The gang got up and began to follow me. The plan was in motion.

Ruffnut and Tuffnut went running out making weird faces and odd noises. They were running around in circles and jumped in front of Windspike.

"Windspike!! bleh blip blaf!! Over here! Zpadazle plop bam." They would say. Windspike stopped spazzing and her eyes were locked on the twins.

Windspike's wings went into the air and so did her spikes. Astrid came up behind Windspike and smoothed her spikes down. When they were down, she pinned her tail to the ground.

Then Fishlegs ran over and clamped her jaws together so she wouldn't be able to fire. Snotlout ran over to Windspike's cheek and began to scratch it. Then his hand traveled down and under her chin. This caused her to lay down.

Once Windpsike was laying down, the twins ran over and each held down a wing. Snotlout tried to hold her back to the grass. She struggled to get up but we were weighing her down. Hiccup passed me his shield and I grasped it with one hand. I held the solvent with my other hand behind the shield. Then I walked over to Windspike.

"Hurry! We can't hold her that much longer!" Fishlegs cried. Then he let go of her mouth. She roared and then I saw red fire rise up from her throat.

"Now Hadley now!" Hiccup yelled. I grabbed the edge of the bowl and poured the solvent into Windspike's mouth. I stepped back and help the shield up. Windspike swallowed down the solvent and began to calm down.

Windspike started twitching again but that only meant the medicine was working. She began to gag and then she barfed out the eel. It was super disgusting but at least she was healed.