Chapter 30

So you may be wondering, what now? Well, lately we have been training my dad and his dragon Striker in dragon training. Teaching them all the methods that I learned. They're doing really well. They're both fast learners and even when they finish a lesson, they'll ask for more time and challenges.

About my hut. Well, let me start off by saying that recently I have noticed that we don't really spend time at the Edge anymore. That's not a bad thing though, we usually are out and about on our dragons. But my hut on the Edge turned out a lot better than expected. The walls were put together nicely and it was a perfect size. We installed comfy furniture and a little corner for Windspike, that way she won't be locked up in a tiny cell all night.

Let's talk about Odin. It got renamed "Odin's Footprint" after we did some research. But that's not something we need to get into. We still call it Odin for short, but the real name is now "Odin's Footprint." We are now known as the Amicle Tribe, the friendly tribe. The best part about the island's changes is that we have dragons! Not a lot but a few villagers own one. The most common dragon so far is a Gronkle. The people who do own dragons do training with Astrid and Hiccup twice a week.

As for my dad, he got crowned Chief. After Chief Sherwood got better from hypothermia, his back issues got worse. He felt that he was in no good condition to be Chief and handed the honor down to my dad. Everyone was in deep shock but I knew where Sherwood was coming from. There was a huge celebration for my dad and I couldn't be more proud of him. Even though Sherwood has back issues and is no longer Chief, he is still doing well and is still very loving.

Right now, I'm missing my mom more than ever. We still celebrate by watching the sunset and doing little things in memory of her.

Striker, his back healed. Only now he has a lightning scar, but at least the pain is gone. It's a pretty cool scar if I do say so myself, in my opinion it symbolizes his bravery. Striker is a very wise dragon and he is incredibly strong. He's flying fast as ever and doing tricks galore.

Windspike's doing great too. She's getting plenty of food and sleep she needs and she seems to always be in a good mood. I still feel the same love and connection I felt towards Windspike when I first came across her. Now we fly around daily and do everything together.

The twins are doing well, being the twins that they are. Breaking stuff, knocking things over and making every situation awkward.

Fishlegs has been cooking meals for days on end, they're all delicious and he seems happy to be accompanied by Meatlug.

Hiccup is doing fantastic. He and Toothless have helped around Berk and done amazing things on the island. He's always there for me when I need support.

Astrid, I couldn't be more thankful for her. She always has my back when I need her and is the most loyal friend anyone can ask for. She likes to mess with and poke fun at me sometimes which I am alright with because I know she does it out of friendship.

Friendship is something I never really grew up with, that's why I am so happy to have Astrid.

You may be wondering about me and Snotlout. Now that's a story. He tries desperately to get my attention. He does his usual cheesy pick up lines and tries to sneak in a smooch or an excuse be close to me. Astrid seems to handle his flirting better than I do. She will often threaten to chuck her axe at him or punch him in the arm.

The kiss between me and Snotlout is something we won't forget. To be honest there have been a few 'pucker ups' here and there.

Now about me. I spend my days flying around and helping out Odin's Footprint and Berk. I still get panic attacks, clam up, cry and get overwhelmed with anxiety. But thankfully I know I will have support when troubles like that happen. I'm not the shy girl I used to be, I've learned about courage and made friends that I can actually rely on to help me. I still have ups and downs, get emotional but that's just who I am. This is the story of me, Hadley, the new dragon rider.

Oh my gosh I can't believe I finished! I'm honestly in tears right now like actual tears I don't want this story to end. I'm gonna miss it so much 😓 thank you so so much to everyone who read my story. I can't thank you enough. I have a new story in store for the new year and I'm so excited for that 😏 but I really hope you enjoyed this book because I really enjoyed writing it. I love this story so much and I love all of you and your support, thank you ❤️