Chapter 12

Hiccup's arm was shaking in front of me and all of our eyes were set on Windspike. Her ears perked up and she was listening attentively to something. She stopped moving and just listened. I dropped my axe to remind her that I wasn't a threat.

Then abruptly, Windspike randomly started dashing into the woods. "Windspike come back!!" I shouted. I went chasing after her. "Hadley don't!" Hiccup yelled. I didn't listen.

I went trailing behind Windspike running deeper into the forest. But I was loosing energy fast. I had to keep up, otherwise she could return to the wild or even go missing. I kept running as fast as I could but Windspike was a lot faster than me. And in no time, I had lost her. She was far ahead and somewhere deeper in the forest.

I stopped running and leaned over to catch my breath. Once I was breathing at a normal rate, I took a look around. I straightened my back and eyed everything in sight. Nothing looked familiar and there was no path to lead out. I guess I had to find my way out myself.

I turned around and walked back to where I last came from. But the further I walked, the more I felt like I was just getting further away from the gang. "Where are they?" I asked myself. I glanced left to right and chose to change my direction and walk left.

I knew I was lost but I had to find a way out eventually.

I brushed a branch out of my way and I came across a weird whirl wind shape in front of me. It was very large and very unique. I crouched down and began to feel the dirt texture.

It was massive and the shape looked extremely familiar. It might've been from the Book of Dragons. Maybe, but it had to have been a dragon. I don't think any Viking could pull that off. It was so detailed and so incredible, and I know I had seen it before, somewhere.

I crawled from one end of the burn mark to the other and kept feeling and probing the dirt. I was so entranced by the burn and I was still curious about what type of dragon it was.

But what I didn't know is that there was a large dragon standing behind me. I felt her breath on me. Her breath was warm on my back. My body froze and I stopped moving my hands. I held as still as possible and slowly took a glance around.

I was face to face with a female, full grown typhoomerang. Her eyes were bloodshot and she was clearly in rage. She spread her wings and stood on her hind legs. She showed off her size, giving me fear inside.

I stood up and went running forward. The typhoomerang roared and went chasing after me.

I screeched for help but I don't think anyone heard. I was too scared to look back and I just kept running.

I would make sharp turns around trees and bushes to make it difficult for the typhoomerang to follow me. But she was really fast and agile. Luckily, I made a final sharp turn and her wing crashed into a tree. I had time to run away.

I kept sprinting until I came to a clearing with trees circling it. Snotlout was standing right in the center with a look of confusion and worry on his face. The rest of the gang wasn't with him, neither was Hookfang. They must've gotten separated. "Snotlout!" I yelled.

"Hadley!" He yelled happily. He cleared his throat. "I mean, ugh, Hadley. What do you want?" Snotlout moaned.

"We have to get out of here, go, run, hurry." I warned, nudging him to leave. "Why?" He asked obnoxiously. "Nothing just please let's go." I pleaded. I spun him around with both hands and shoved him. "Why?" He questioned again. "Typhoomerang, it's coming after me. Now go, come on." I said jostling him. "Typhoomerang?" He asked.

Right at that moment, the typhoomerang was back and more infuriated than before. She roared, it was the same sound we had heard earlier. "Yes, a typhoomerang. Run!" I yelled pulling at his arm. He slipped his arm free. "No way! I got this." Snotlout said.