Chapter 29

"We've been talking for a bit and we think that now that you're a dragon rider, you deserve a hut." Hiccup smiled.

Relief flooded me, I was so thankful I wasn't in any trouble. I glanced at my dad. Had he known the whole time? Or was he psychic? Teasing, but that was a crazy coincidence unless Hiccup was eavesdropping. My dad nodded at me, showing approval.

"Are you sure? It seems like a lot of work." I hesitated. Hiccup made a face and shrugged. To him it must be easy. "Well it seems simple to him. I'm fine with it Hadley just make sure you visit." My dad said leaning towards me as he spoke.

"He's right, besides the huts aren't hard to build unless you make us do some crazy, extravagant design." Hiccup said before bitting into his cake.

My dad smiled. "Then yeah, I really want that actually." I said, sounding desperate. Hiccup swallowed down his cake, hard. "Great, let's start tonight." He smiled. I nodded in agreement.

The rest of the day was a blur. Full of games, foods, color and dancing. The next thing I knew it was sunset.

The sky was too beautiful to even describe. It was a perfect ombré of purple, blue, yellow, orange, red, pink and so many more colors. The clouds were grey smears in the sky that just added more effect. I got a little teary eyed, but that was expected.

Once the sun had set, we wished the villagers goodnight until it was just the dragon riders, Gustav, my dad and I.

"So I'm still not much of a dragon rider, but that's all the more reason to come back and see my sweets again." Gustav placed his fingers under Astrid's chin and then slipped them away. I rolled my eyes and Astrid made a nauseated face. Then Gustav flashed a little air kiss and a wink at Astrid and I.

This is something that grossed me out. Before Gustav took off, he gave me a peck on the cheek and flew away before I could react. Snotlout's face slowly heated red and the twins stood there chuckling behind their cupped hands.
Fishlegs laughed out loud, unafraid to show how comical it was. My dad stood there with his hands on his hips, eyes hug and lips pressed together. Hiccup stood with his arms crossed and exhaled an "ahh." Typical Gustav.

Astrid glanced at me, her face still showed nauseation. Her eyes were squinted and twitchy and her tongue was out of her mouth in disgust.

Soon after that, the gang and I flew to the Edge. I kissed my dad goodbye and he said to stop by as often as possible.

Once we landed, we began construction on my hut just like Hiccup said. My hut was between Astrid's and Fishleg's huts. It's closer inland but still near the water. We grabbed long strips of wood and began designing a hut. It was similar model to Fishleg's, but my hut had my own personal twist on it.

Of course we didn't finish, but we were off to a good start. We had gotten the bases built and a blueprint on a sheet of paper. It was going to look amazing.

This day was an unforgettable day, I couldn't stop smiling. Happiness oozed through me. I went over to Astrid's hut and decided to have 'sleepovers' with her until my hut was complete. I laid on my back with fingers folded over my stomach. My head was facing the sky and pointing out the stars. I talked to my mom for at least thirty minutes until sleep finally overpowered me.

Merry Christmas everyone! I am on the verge of finishing this story which I am so sad about but I have a new story planned 😏 hope everyone had an amazing Christmas and got a ton of presents (happy birthday Jesus) and I hope you enjoyed this chapter ❤️💚