Chapter 16

"That's not snow. It's a snow wraith." Fishlegs said. "What's a snow wraith?" I asked. "An extremely dangerous dragon. Has a shot limit of 10, jaw strength 8, and has thermal vision to help find prey in the cold snow." Fishlegs said.

"Thank you for summing that up." Hiccup said. "Now what do we do? If it has thermal vision, doesn't that mean it can find us in here because it's warm?" I asked. "She's right, it can, we need to get out here and get rid of that snow wraith before it destroys Berk." Hiccup said.

"I've got this. You don't need any girls because this is a very manly job." Snotlout said cracking his knuckles. "So why are you here?" I asked. "Ya, you're not manly." Astrid said. Snotlout frowned. "Windspike would be able to destroy the snow wraith, as for Stormfly." I bragged. "But it's a girl dragon, my dragon is manly and much bigger and stronger." Snotlout said boldly.

"Anyway, we need to go out there and give that dragon something to fight. The dragons can't go or they can freeze to death. I know Toothless can't because his tail will freeze." Hiccup said.

"I'll go." I offered. "No, it's way too dangerous." Hiccup said. "But Hiccup, Hadley has been training really hard for this. So what if she's a little sore but she's been working way to hard to not be a part of this." Astrid exclaimed. "Astrid it's way too critical for her. We can't risk her getting even more hurt. I'm sorry guys." Hiccup said. He picked up a shield from off the weaponry wall and opened the door.

"I'm going out there alone. You guys stay here until the snow wraith is gone." Hiccup said. "Hiccup you aren't actually going out there, that's stupid." Astrid moaned. "Astrid, I'm going." Hiccup said. He crawled out the door. Astrid didn't like that and yelled,"But you need-" Hiccup closed to the door. "our help." Astrid finished quietly.

"Why does he do that?" Fishlegs asked. Astrid shrugged in disappointment. "Well we have to help him you know." I said. "He's fine, it's Hiccup. I could've done better but he's gonna be fine." Snotlout said. We heard a roar, a roar from the snow wraith. Snotlout's eyes got big. "I stand corrected." He said. Astrid quickly opened the door and saw Hiccup standing in the middle of Berk in front of the snow wraith.

"Hiccup!" Astrid yelled. "What? Move!" Stoick demanded. He shoved Astrid out of the way and looked out the door. "No, Hiccup!" Stoick yelled in fear. He burst through the doors and went running to help Hiccup.

Stoick jumped onto the snow wraith and tried to show him who's boss. "Dad what are you doing?!" Hiccup yelled. "Saving your life, and all of Berk!!" Stoick shouted.

The snow wraith began to wiggle around. Stomping, jumping, flinching, kicking and a lot more. He was trying to remove Stoick from his back. The snow wraith did a power circle and Stoick flew off, landing at the bottom of the staircase of the Great Hall. His helmet cracked and his body laid motionless.

"Dad!" Hiccup yelled. He dropped his shield and went to help Stoick. "That thing got stronger!" Fishlegs feared. "Good thing I did too." I said. "What?" Snotlout asked. "Astrid lets go." I said.

I grabbed her arm and pulled her along out the door. The snow wraith took a breath and was ready to breath ice. Astrid picked up the shield and defended Stoick, Hiccup, me and herself. The snow wraith stopped and took a look around.

He hit the Great Hall and snow came tumbling down from the rooftop. It landed on top of us and we were trapped underneath the snow. "Astrid?" I asked. "Ya?" She asked. "Are you okay?" I asked. "Ya, are you?" She questioned. "Ya, I'm good. Just cold." I said.

"You guys are ridiculous." Hiccup said. "So are you. I warned you not to come down here and now look what happened." Astrid said. "I just wanted to help protect you guys." Hiccup said. "And we wanted to protect you." Astrid said. "Guys please don't fight. Where's Stoick?" I asked. "Right here." Hiccup said kneeling down.

It's was very difficult to see in the snow but the light outside helped us. "Is he sleeping?" Astrid asked sitting down. "No, he's knocked out." Hiccup said. "Everyone keeps getting knocked out today." Astrid complained. At that moment, Stoick began to cough and try to sit up. "That timing was impeccable." I said.

Stoick leaned against the thick snow. "What happened?" He asked. "The snow wraith, but it's fine now." Hiccup said. "Where are we?" Stoick asked. "We are trapped in snow, but don't worry it'll melt eventually." Astrid said. Stoick coughed again. "It's freezing in here, you guys must be cold too." Stoick said. We nodded in agreement.

Then abruptly the snow started to melt. It was dissolving into water quickly and we were instantly becoming warmer.

When there was I clearing, we saw Stormfly, Windspike and Hookfang breathing fire on the snow. Once all the snow around us melted, we climbed out. The snow wraith was gone as well.

"What happened to the snow wraith?" I asked. "I beat it." Snotlout said proudly. "Yeah right." I moaned. "No he's serious, Snotlout did save us." Fishlegs said awkwardly. "What? How?" I asked. Snotlout pointed to Hookfang. "5,000 pounds of flaming flesh can beat any little icy rodent." Snotlout bragged. "You're an icy rodent." I said rudely.

Snotlout frowned. The way he frowned made him look slightly attractive, but he would be even more handsome if his blue eyes weren't so icy and bitter.

"Can we go inside now? Ruffnut asked. "Ya, I can't feel anything on my body." Tuffnut added. "Can you feel this?" Ruffnut asked punching him in the face. "Nope." Tuffnut said. "Aww now there's no fun in it. Let's go inside so my punches hurt him." Ruffnut said. "Ok let's go back inside." Hiccup said.

Astrid, Hiccup and I helped Stoick but up into the Great Hall while everybody else got situated.