Chapter 6

When we got to the Great Hall, Astrid opened the doors and guided me over to the nearest table. Astrid grabbed the Book of Dragons and then sat down beside me. Gothi slowly sat down across from me and was ready to learn more about Nadders.

"The Book of Dragons." Astrid said flipping to the first page. "The book full of everything we know about Dragons. Starting with the Stoker class." Astrid said.

"Stoker class?" I asked. "Ya. There are different classes for the different types of dragons." Astrid exclaimed. I was still really confused. Apparently Astrid could tell.

"Here. There's the Stoker class, Tidal class, Sharp class, Boulder class, Tracker class, Mystery class and Strike class." Astrid said flipping through the classes.

Gothi took control of the book. She flipped backwards until we reached the Sharp class. She turned to the page about Nadders and then pointed to it with her finger.

"Oh, ok. Hadley, Gothi wants me to talk about Nadders only. I'll teach you more about the other dragons later." Astrid said. "Ok, go ahead." I said.

Astrid began to read through the page about Deadly Nadders, informing me about everything there is to know about these specific dragons.

"First of all, this book needs updating. Nadders are in the Tracker class not the Sharp. But I sill think they deserve to be under the sharp class because that's what their known for. Their sharp tail spikes. Anyway, Nadders have the hottest fire in the dragon world and they are known for their spikes as their defense. As you saw in the fight with the Whispering Deaths, she used her tail to fight more often than she used her fire. It's easier for them and a lot more powerful. They also primp a lot and they spend most of their time preening. So make sure you groom your dragon every once in a while. And...what else...oh! Nadders have a shot limit of 6. Meaning they can only fire 6 shots for a certain amount of time. And Nadders, love to play fetch!" Astrid exclaimed.

I'm sure Astrid could go on about Nadders for hours. It took her forever to wrap up each category. But the last category of Nadders, was the feeding habits.

"Ok, Nadders are picky about foods. They eat fish obviously but they prefer cooked chicken. Weird I know but it's their favorite snack. Oh! And do not feed your dragon eels!" Astrid said.

"Why not?" I asked. "Bad things." Astrid said. "Like what?" I asked.

But before Astrid could say anything, we heard something hitting the door. "Hello?" Astrid yelled standing up. She walked closer to the door. "Come in!" She yelled. But there was still something hitting the door. Astrid looked back at us in confusion.

Gothi and I both shrugged. Astrid walked to the door but before she could open it, Windspike came rushing in with her wings in the air and her mouth glowing red. Astrid got knocked to the ground. I stood up abruptly and waved my hands frantically to try and calm Windspike down.

"Hey, calm down!! Take it easy there girl! Windspike what is the matter with you?! Windspike listen to me!" I yelled.

But she wouldn't listen to any command. Windspike was running around the Great Hall at top speed and jumped from table to table. She was roaring and making loud noises every step she took. Whether she stomped or flapped her wings or just made loud noises.

I ran over to Astrid and helped her up while the gang came running towards us. Gothi ran over to us and gripped her staff to help hide the fear.

"What's the matter with your dragon?!" Snotlout shrieked. "I have no idea!" I said freaking out. "Well do something!!" Snotlout yelled.

I ran over to Windspike and pet her back. "Smooth her tail spikes down! They like that!" Astrid yelled. "Ok!" I replied. I traveled back towards her tail but before I could pet her tail, it went in the air and she was ready to strike.