Chapter 25

"What now?" My dad questioned. "We fly you home." Tuffnut stated. "We can't just leave him here he'll die." My dad complained. "Maybe it's for the best." Fishlegs said. "It won't be if we just leave him here." My dad refused to leave that dragon. I took a quick glance back at Hiccup, Astrid and Stoick. They gave me the same look back. We all had the same thing on our minds, my dad had found his dragon.

"Do you want us to fly him home or would you rather walk?" I asked. "How far are we from Odin?" My dad asked no one in particular. "If you go a few sea stacks over and then walk down the hill you'll be there." Hiccup said. "Then I guess this little guy and I are going to be going for a walk." My dad stated. Out of nowhere, my dad did "the hand thing" to the timberjack. He pressed his nose against my dads hand and began to lick it. He clearly loved my father.

"Do they have legs?" My dad asked. "No, they either fly or move around like a snake." Hiccup explained.

Without warning, my dad began to help the timberjack find its balance until he was propped up.

"What are you doing?" Tuffnut asked. "Helping it." Axel said without stopping. Once the timberjack found its balance, they began to walk over to Odin. Whenever they would approach a sea stack, Toothless would have to use his claws to grip the timberjack and fly him over. Eventually they made it to Odin and my dad took him inside.

"Are you sure you're okay with a dragon inside of the house?" I asked. "He's really weak, he couldn't hurt me if he tried. Besides, I trust him." My dad said smiling. "Okay, I'm flying back. I love you." I pulled him into a hug and kissed his cheek. "I love you too." He whispered into my ear.

We both pulled away and I climbed onto Windspike. "Be safe pumpkin." He said. "I will, you too." He winked at me and we took off.

The storm had cleared up a bit even though lightning flashed every once in a while as well as a low cry of thunder.

When we finally re-arrived back to the Edge, we locked our dragons up. I fed Windspike before sending her to sleep, she hadn't eaten a thing all day.

Once she licked her lips clean, she was ready to rest. I closed the metal doors and flipped the lock.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Snotlout's mouth open to speak. But I didn't feel like talking, to anyone really. I quickly walked away and went by Astrid's hut. She hadn't arrived yet but I was ready to crash.

I slowly extended my arm onto the grass with my right hand as my pillow. My legs were tucked up like a little baby and I was close to being on my stomach. I could feel my eyes growing heavier and my vision getting gloomier. Next thing I knew my thoughts felt like a reality, even though I was only dreaming.