Chapter 2

The next morning, I was awaken by the light coming through cracks of the door.

I looked around to get aware of where I was. Everyone seemed to still be asleep. I untucked the blanket and stretched.

After a few minutes of gaining energy, I tried to place my feet on the floor. Toothless was still asleep by the couch, so I had to make sure not to wake him up.

I extended my foot and placed it on the wood floor. I swung my body back and fourth to get momentum and then I pushed myself up and began to balance. Once I was up on my feet, I had to make myself presentable.

I ran my fingers through my hair and re-tied my fishtail braid. I slapped my head band into its usual spot and then adjusted my clothes into a comfortable position.

When I was done primping, I heard foot steps coming down the stairs. I turned around and saw Stoick slowly walking downstairs. He was half asleep and in mid yawn. "Good morning Hadley. How'd ya sleep?" He asked me.

"Good, thank you." I replied. Toothless became alert and lifted his head up. He looked around and then began to stretch.

Once Toothless had the strength to stand up, he marched towards me and sat down by the table.

"Would you like some breakfast?" Stoick asked. "Umm ya, sure...please." I said.

He offered me a seat and then pulled out some food. It was fresh stew. I couldn't tell what type but it was terrible. Stoick fed Toothless some fish and I picked up my fork ready to eat. It didn't taste good, but I was so hungry I was willing to eat anything.

By the time I had started digging into my meal, Hiccup came down the stairs with a really tired look on his face.

"*yawn* good morning dad, Hadley." Hiccup said stretching his arms. He patted Toothless on the head and sat down in a chair across from me.

Stoick served Hiccup a bowl of food and then Stoick sat down. I gazed over at Hiccup. It must've been a long night for him.

His elbow rested on the table and his hand kept his head up. He barely touched his food and kept messing with the stew with his fork.

Before I could ask if he was okay, someone knocked on the door.

Stoick got up, opened the door and a man walked in. He had blonde hair and one arm and one leg. I felt bad for him.

"Mornin Stoick. You too Hiccup." He said. The man then gazed at me. "Who's this young lad?" The man asked.

"Gobber this is Hadley. Hadley, this is Gobber. He's been my apprentice since I was little." Hiccup said lifting his head up. "Nice to meet you." I said shyly. "As for you. So Stoick, we found a new type of leather to use for the saddles. Come check it out." Gobber said.

"Alright-Hiccup? Are you and Hadley ok being here alone?" Stoick asked us.

"Well I was actually thinking about taking Hadley to the Dragon's Edge. I want her to meet the gang." Hiccup said standing up. "Alright, be safe Hiccup, I'll be at Gobber's workshop if you need me." Stoick said.

Hiccup's energy rushed through him when he decided to take me to the Edge. Even though I have no idea what that is.

"Ok, come on Hadley." Hiccup said. Toothless was up on his feet and running out the door. He was getting prepared to take off.

"Where are we going?" I asked Hiccup. "You'll see, just come on." Hiccup said excitedly. We both ran out the door and hopped on to Toothless.

"Alright, up bud." Hiccup said to Toothless. We instantly lifted into the sky. I began to ask Hiccup questions.