Chapter 13

I had wakened. I didn't know where I was or what happened but I was awake. My body aced all over, especially my head. I felt rotten and weak and my head was throbbing like crazy.

I opened my eyes and took a look around. I was in the Haddock House on the couch, curled up in a blanket. The gang, Gothi, Gobber and Stoick were all huddled around me. Nine pairs of eyes were looking down at me, waiting for me to speak. I blinked at them blankly and my mind was not able to function.

"What...what happened?" I asked trying to sit up. But it hurt and I quickly placed my hand on my head. "It's okay just lay down. You're still a bit tender." Hiccup said helping me lay down. Astrid and Snotlout assisted too. Stoick patted my shoulders and pulled my blanket up to my chest.

Gothi balled up a cold, wet rag then and placed it where my head was acing. I grabbed onto it with my hand and have her a smile that expressed 'thank you'.

"To answer your question, there was a typhoomerang attack and...I don't know you must've gotten knocked out, I wasn't there." Hiccup said. "I was! What happened was I picked up my hammer and you...you....kissed me for good luck...aannddd, I fought the typhoomerang and yooouu....f-fainted because of all of my glory." Snotlout said.

"Snotlout, that is not what happened. Not even close to what happened." Astrid said. "I don't remember that." I said. "Well to be fair, Hadley, you don't remember anything." Snotlout said crossing his arms.

"Snotlout, would you relax? Be serious and tell her what really happened." Hiccup moaned.

"Fine! There was a typhoomerang attack and I guess it chased you? And then you found me and I tried to fight it off but my shoe caught on fire. Then you tried to help me. You threw the hammer at the typhoomerang and the typhoomerang flew into the air and made a burn mark around us. And then she smacked you with her wing and you hit your head against the tree. You got knocked out. Then we beat the typhoomerang and she left blah blah blah. You happy?" Snotlout groaned.

"Wow. Really?" I asked. Snotlout nodded his head. But then I remembered Windspike. I remember seeing her ears perk up and watching her take off into the forest. "Wait, Windspike. Where's Windspike? I remember her taking off where is she?" I asked nervously. I was getting antsy. "She's here. Windspike, come here." Hiccup called, patting his hand on his thigh.

Stoick and Gobber stepped out of the way and Windspike came jogging to me. "Windspike!" I cheered. She sniffed me and I pet her with one arm, keeping the other arm on the wet rag. "How are you girl?" I asked, petting her like crazy. She made sweet noises and I knew she was happy that I was okay.

"What happened to her?" I asked. "The typhoomerang was calling her with a weird roar and that's why she was acting up, well, if you even remember that. But she took off and you went to find her and I guess that's when the typhoomerang came." Hiccup explained. "That's so weird. But thank Thor she's okay." I said.

"Ya, it's a good thing she's safe." Hiccup said. "Hadley, do you remember anything that happened?" Stoick asked. It took me a minute to think about it. Windspike stepped away and sat in the corner by Stormfly.

"I remember seeing Snotlout. I remember running. And I remember dirt in my face, and that's the last thing I saw." I explained. "That's exactly when the typhoomerang hit you!" Snotlout yelled. "Ok so at least she remembers everything else before that." Hiccup said relieved.

"So, how are you feeling?" Tuffnut asked. "Sore. Really sore." I said slowly. Gothi took out a wooden jar that was filled with sand and poured it onto the floor. She began to write in it with her staff.

Once she was finished, Gobber read aloud, "She says, she gave you some medicine that is supposed to help you heal faster. She says, you're going to be sore for a few hours or days but to try and work through it."