Chapter 4

I woke up and rubbed my eyes to get rid of the blurriness. Once my vision was clear, I looked around. The sun was up and everyone was awake doing something.

Fishlegs was feeding Meatlug, Ruffnut and Tuffnut were playing with Barf and Belch. Snotlout was cooking fish by using Hookfang's fire. Stormfly was looking in the water to primp and Astrid was down by the water rinsing her hands.

I stretched my body and then sat up. Fishlegs noticed. "Hadley, come here for a sec." He said. I came over and stood by Meatlug. "What's up?" I asked.

"So do you think you can tell me more about Odin? The history and stuff. I want to add it to my journal." Fishlegs said taking out his a journal. "Well there's a lot to learn. What do you want to know?" I asked sitting down.

"Everything." He said. "Oh okay. Well, Odin is obviously the God of War. You know that. There was a serious battle taken place on Odin where there were many injuries and a few deaths. That's how we got the name, Odin." I said slowly. "Fascinating! Tell me more." Fishlegs said.

I went on forever. There was so much to say about Odin. The people, the history, the memories and so much more. I told Fishlegs everything there is to know about my village and he wrote down every word. It meant a lot that he actually cared.

"That's incredible. Is that it?" He asked. "Yep, that's all I know." I told him. "Wow, 12 pages. That's incredible Hadley. Thank you. I'm trying to learn more about the islands around here." He told me.

"No problem and that's really cool, if you have any questions let me know." I told him. Then I stood up and walked over to Astrid.

"Hey Hadley. How'd ya sleep?" She asked. "Good." I said back. I sat down next to her.

"You must've had a long night. You were the last one up." Astrid said. "Ya. I couldn't stop thinking about that dragon." I said. "I mean, you're still not used to dragons yet. It scared you of course it's gonna be on your mind." Astrid said.

"But it was different. I can't explain it. I wasn't scared but I was....scared." I sighed. "Oh...well did you get a good look at it? Or was it just a glimpse?" Astrid asked. "Well....I went back." I said. "You what? Hadley that dragon could've hurt you." Astrid said splashing water everywhere.

"I know, I know but I couldn't help myself. It wouldn't get off my mind-I just-I don't know. But I got a good look at it." I said. "You did? What did it look like?" Astrid asked excitedly. "It looked like Stormfly, well, a little bit." I told her.

"A deadly nadder." Astrid mumbled to herself. "Come on we've gotta go back-Hiccup!" Astrid yelled.

She got up and ran off to Hiccup-drying her hands on her skirt on the way. I followed her.

"Astrid? What is it?" Hiccup asked confused. "Hadley saw the dragon." Astrid said. "Really? Hadley you saw it?" Hiccup asked me. "Ya. Over there. Come on I'll show you." I said.

We took off into the woods and looked around for the dragon. I clapped my hands a few times and called for her. "Dragon? Come here. Please come out, its me." I kept saying.

I heard a rustle in front of me. I walked forward and saw her. "Hey there girl. Come here." I said putting my hand out. The dragon placed her head on my hand and I guided her out of the bushes. She saw Astrid and Hiccup and tried to run.

"Shhhh. Hey, hey, hey. They won't hurt you. They're friends, see?" I said. I guided her over to Hiccup and Astrid. Hiccup petted her back and Astrid smoothed her tail spikes down.

I kept petting her and talking to her to keep her calm. "This is incredible. I think this might be your dragon, Hadley." Hiccup said. "Yep. It's a Deadly Nadder like Stormfly. I'll teach you more about them later. For now, avoid her tail spikes. They hurt...bad." Astrid said.

"Ok. Should I show the rest of the gang?" I asked. "Maybe. But they might freak her out." Astrid said. "Not if she makes a slow approach. Trust me, I'll get them to remain calm. I hope." Hiccup said.

Astrid and Hiccup stopped petting my dragon and came back by me. "Alright, let's go back." Hiccup said. I walked backwards and lead my dragon back to camp.

I kept praying to Thor that she wouldn't take off. I really wanted her to be my new dragon. I kept talking to her in a peaceful tone and telling her not to run.

When we got to the camp, Snotlout was the first to notice. He didn't make a good first impression.

"Dragon? Dragon. Dragon! Guys there's a dragon coming this way!!" Snotlout yelled. "Snotlout! Calm down. Be quiet and come over here." Astrid said. "No way! I'm gonna be killed!!" Snotlout shrieked.

"Snotlout this is Hadley's dragon! Cut it out would ya? She's not gonna hurt you." Hiccup yelled. Snotlout swallowed hard. "This is, Hadley's dragon?" He asked. "Yes." Hiccup said. "Oh." Snotlout said.

"Get over here Snotlout-Guys! Come here for a sec. But please, don't freak out!" Hiccup yelled to the rest of the gang.

When Fishlegs, Ruffnut, Tuffnut and Snotlout all came torwards my dragon, she started to spazzing out as if she saw an eel. I put my hands up frantically to calm her down.

"Hey it's ok! It's ok! Calm down! It's safe! It's okay. They won't hurt you." I said. She settled down and I put my hand out again. I placed my hand on her head and traveled down to the side of her stomach. I stood there and kept patting her.

"Guys, this is my new dragon. Don't freak out please. Otherwise she will run off." I said slowly. "So basically you just found a dragon, that could be completely untrainable and vicious, and just claimed it?" Snotlout asked. "Ya pretty much. But she won't hurt me." I said scratching her check. My dragon seemed to enjoy it.

"Good for you but what if she hurts us?!" Snotlout asked. "What happened Snotlout? I thought you liked her?" Astrid asked. "Ya, don't you want her to be happy." Fishlegs said tagging in.

"It's not that I don't like the dragon I'm just....concerned...for Hadley's safety...ya." Snotlout said. "Thanks but I'm fine. She won't hurt you guys either. I'm sorry that she wasn't the new dragon we came here for, Hiccup." I said. We came here for a new dragon. Not another Deadly Nadder. I felt bad for Hiccup. He seemed excited to be here to explore.

"It's alright, we will still look around. But to make sure that your dragon is safe we need to take you two to dragon training." Hiccup said.

"What's that?" I asked. Hiccup began saying," Dragon training is where you and your dragon learn to take-" but he was interrupted by a dragon roar.

"What was that?" Tuffnut asked. "I don't know and I don't wanna find out." Snotlout said. We heard of again. Louder this time.

"That's pretty unsettling." Hiccup said. "Ya, I wonder what it is. Should we go check it out?" I asked. Before Hiccup could say yes, Snotlout interrupted. "Are you crazy?!" Snotlout yelled.

"I just wanna see what it is." Hadley said. "Ya, we need to see if that's a new species. Come on!" Hiccup yelled.

Everyone-including the dragons-took off torwards the sound. We stayed on foot and kept running until we saw a dragon. It's called a Whispering Death.

It glared at us and flashed it's teeth. They were able to rotate. It was truly terrifying and his white eyes gave me a feeling of fear in my stomach.

"Hiccup what's that?" I asked in fear. "A whispering death, Boulder class dragon. Breathes rings of fire and has rotating teeth made for drilling into hard objects." Fishlegs exclaimed with a look of a fear.

"Ok this is bad idea, go!!" Hiccup said motioning the gang back to camp. We ran as fast as we could but another whispering death popped up from the ground and blocked us from leaving.

Then suddenly tons more whispering deaths crawled up from underground, circling us and getting ready to ambush us.

I wanted to give ma bestie brennwrites creds for giving me the idea to talk about Odin. I didn't know Odin was the God of War and Death so I had to find a way to make that work 😂 I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll be updating soon. Bye 💕