Chapter 31

Heading up to bed that night I felt a little dizzy and off. My body starts to burn so I lay on my bed and know in the back of my head that it's time, the cancer has won. It's captured my whole body and has claimed it for itself. I grab my journal and lay it on top of my chest and curl up under the sheets one last time.
    I'm found the next morning in bed cold and lifeless, the candle that I lit last night finally extinguishing itself just like my soul did. My dad found my journal laying on top of my chest where I last put it. With tears running down his face he read it. Towards the end he found the letter I wrote "If you are reading this it means that cancer has beaten me in the battle over my body. It's been three years and my body has finally given up. I'm sorry for all the grief that I've caused but I'm in a better place were my body will no longer suffer.

Dad
Thank you for being there for me through the thick and the thin. I will always love you, and will be looking down on you and the family. Do not shut down but keep living! Marry and begin a new life. Go travel and be happy. Take care of the dogs. I love you daddy and I'll seen you in heaven.

Grandma and Grandpa
I love you! Thanks for everything, always remember the happy memories that we all shared. Thanks for giving me Artisto and takin good care of me. Please let Artisto and Lady live happily with all of your other horses. Take care of each other and Grandma keep making your pies!!!

Zack
You made me laugh always, you kept me living and breathing when I would want to give up. You saw past the bald head, tired eyes, and porcelain skin. You saw me for who I really was. You are an amazing guy and don't let my death stop you from loving someone else. Always remember that day by the lake. I love you for all eternity❤️

Mother
I haven't seen you in three years, even though you walked out on me I understand. Your scared, you thought that you would lose me. And that's why you cut all ties.  Take care and erase all that guilt. I forgive you.

Thanks for caring about me. Live life to the fullest and never forget all of the good times we had together! I'm happy to move on, I'm not in pain anymore and neither should any of you be. LIVE and don't weep for me.
    Love always -Valory