Chapter 8

My dad looks like he is going to explode! His face is getting all red and his jaw won't unclench... I sigh and start walking up to the car, beckoning for my dad to hurry up so we can go home. He whispers into the phone hastily " I will call you back later" and hangs up. Jogging quickly to the car he smiles a fake smile and says "Ready to go champ?" I nod my head quickly and open the door to the car.

On our way home my dad and me sing along to the song Wrecking ball by Miley Cirus. I laugh and laugh while my dad yells out the words. All of a sudden a sharp pain hits me, I gasp and my dad turns off the radio and pulls over to the side of the road, I can barely hear what he's saying everything is blurry I feel like Im on a tilt- a- whirl. Then everything goes black, the last thing I see is my phone falling to the car floor.

I wake up in bed, with a cool towel on my forehead. My head hurts so, so, so bad! Looking over at my bedside table I find a warm bowl of soup and a large glass of ice, cold water along with a aspirin.

After finishing my soup I get out of bed and head to the bathroom, looking in the mirror I look like crap.... I have a huge bump on the side of my forehead and it seems like all of my blood has drained out of my body.

Splashing the cold water on my face from the bathroom sink that wakes me up, I walk downstairs and am greeted by Snoopy, Yoshi and Darling. Walking into the kitchen I find a note on the table it says

Valory ,
I had to go meet with the lawyer to talk about some stuff. Sorry I didn't wake you . If you have any emergencies Mrs. Frindle is next door!
Dinner is in the fridge.
Love, Daddy