Chapter 15

I lead Lady out of her stall in the winter morning. Bringing her inside to the wash stalls I start grooming her, grabbing the hoof pick I ask Lady to pick up her front left hoof, once Im done brushing her I grab my dressage saddle and girth and throw it on her, next I put her boots on, lastly I put on her bridle, finally I get my helmet on and lead her towards the door to the inside arena.

I reach the yellow mounting block, hop on and start out in a nice, brisk walk. I bend her both ways getting her nice and round, warming both of us up than I squeeze her into an energetic trot, half halting, her feet start going faster but she stays in a package, I pass the arena mirror and take a glance. We look amazing, I straighten up my back more and bring Lady up into a canter.
Than it happens, my vision starts to blur, and black dots start clouding my vision, Lady senses the change and starts slowing down into a walk, I shake my head and bring her to a halt before I tumble out of the saddle, hitting the floor with a loud thump. I hear voices and feel a nice warm muzzle nuzzling me as I drift off.

I wake up in my bed, I glance around and see my phone on the bedside table and my riding boots and helmet on my dresser, slowly getting out of bed I walk downstairs grabbing my boots while I go. I make it to the barn and see that Lady is standing in the paddock with all the other horses chewing away at their hay, I sigh and Lady looks up, slowly making her way over to the fence. She pushes her muzzle into my hand, I lean over into her ear and whisper "I'm sorry baby girl" she neighs and licks my cold hand, her breath is warm against my skin, I feel around in my pocket and pull out a peppermint, ripping the wrapper open all the other horses raise their heads and make their way over to the fence, wanting a peppermint too. I laugh and hand the first two mints to Lady, than I move down the line, next we have Honey the old quarter horse she neighs loudly waiting patiently, I pat her neck and hand her two peppermints which she gobbles up quickly, than I move onto the two Clydesdales Bonnie and Clyde, lastly I give the remaining peppermints to Oreo the paint and Blackberry the thoroughbred. I look up into the darkening sky and see the reflection of the big maple next to the river, the snow falls down.