Chapter 5

The end of the Moore family

*******************************

After nearly getting plowed down by my angry mother and her ten thousand bags I laid there confused. Where was she going? Why was she mad? Why did she ignore me? I DONT KNOW!!!! I heard more yelling coming from downstairs and I just sat there shivering in the corner.

Once I heard my Mother driving away in her 2014 Charger I slowly walked downstairs to the sound of voices in the kitchen, I sighed and quietly entered our familys modern themed kitchen to see my Father sitting at the table talking to a man in a suit. Neither man seemed to notice me as they continued to talk the man who looked like a lawyer gruffly said "Your court date will be May 5 of 2014 Mr Moore, we will settle everything in court with your wife" he paused for a second to grab a black folder and continued on "Now lets talk about what you will get to keep and what your wife will get to keep in the separation" the man opened the folder and took out a piece of paper.

I sat in the doorway confused, seperation? The man continued "Mr Moore you will get to keep the dogs, two of the three cars, the computer, all of the money in your account and in your daughters account, the boat plus full custody of your 15 year old daughter" My fathers face was full of shock and anger. He repeated what the lawyer just said "My daughter, she doesn't want costudy of her own child" I could see the anger rising up into my fathers already angry voice, the lawyer calmy asked to continue and my Father just nodded "Ok now your wife will get to keep one of the three cars, the house and everything that doesn't belong to you or your daughters" My Father got up and asked the lawyer to leave, the layer organized his papers, grabbed his breafcase got up and left. Smiling sadly as he passed me.

I walk into the kitchen, grab an apple and sit down on the counter waiting for my Father to return. Ten, twenty minutes passed and my Father re-enters the kitchen with swollen eyes he almost breaks down when he sees me sitting there on the counter top eating an apple.

He opens his mouth to talk but I break in " I heard everything" My Father sighs and comes over to hug me giving me a crushing bear hug I slowly start to ask my Dad the question that has been forming in my mind for the past hour "Dad why did she leave, is it my fault?" My Father sighs and replies as he starts making a sandwich "No Valory its not your fault she been distant lately, it was her idea for a divorce" I glance out of the sliding glass door seeing my three dogs waiting patiently to come in, I sigh and slowly walk over to the door and open it, my crazy dogs come scattering into the kitchen and I just fall to the floor crying, my dogs just rush over to try to comfort me.