Chapter 4: Showtime

"Ewe. We're going to a concert and you're wearing sneakers?" Lilly said corking a brow at her friend.

Emery looked down at her shoes, "Uh yeah. I can't wear those death contraptions you wear all the time."

Lilly smirked and shrugged, "Well they are super cute and make my butt look great so I think I'm the real winner here."

Emery rolled her eyes, "Whatever."

Em went to go do her mascara. Lilly smirked and stood up to look in the mirror. Her black lace up heeled ankle boots, a pair of fit worn skinny jeans, a black sheer sleeveless button down, her reddish brown hair straightened and gently falling over her thin shoulders in gentle waves. Lilly smirked at her cute concert outfit and started to do her makeup. Emery sighed, "Hurry up I'd like to get there early and not get entirely trampled by the crowds." Lilly sighed and finished up her makeup with a smirk. "Alright, fine let's go now then."

A single boring cab ride over to the arena later and they were finally there. They stepped out and Lilly fixed her hair, Emery adjusting her skirt as they walked to the doors. They were forty five minutes early and yet the crowds were still ridiculous, overly excited fans crowding the entire place. They slipped in and went to head backstage. A tall, super buff, angry looking man with a black polo reading 'Security' across their chest blocked their way. "Sorry Ladies" The man mumbled in a deep gravely voice. Lilly sighed, "Listen I was invited here by Alex Gaskarth..we're guests." The man gave a hearty laugh and said, "Yeah you and the hundreds of other girls here." Lilly gave a frustrated sigh when she saw a head pop out of the backstage area. Rian grinned and said "Oh! Hey guys, uh they're with us." The guard made a face and looked back and forth between the girls before letting them pass. Emery smiled happily and Lilly glared at the security guard. Rian smiled. "Hey, good to see you two, we're just hanging out backstage..show doesn't start for another hour or so and even then we have to sit through the opening band before we have to go out." The two girls followed him to the backstage area where the guys were all gathered.

Roadies and sound-techs were busy running back and forth around the stage. Alex was leaning against a table, Jack was laying upside down on a couch, Zack sat on top of an equipment box, and Rian sat beside Jack on the couch. Alex smiled and said, "Emery, Lilly...you two remember the guys." The guys all gave a smile or a wave in greeting. Emery went and sat down next to Rian who smiled and opened his mouth to say something. However he was cut off by Jack, who was still sitting upside down, as he said "Rian grow some hair you look like a potato."

Rian ran a hand over his shaved head, "I do have hair...and I do not look like a potato you ass."

Jack shook his head, "Po-tay-toe...Rian is a potato."

Emerson laughed and Jack somersaulted off the couch and stood up.

Zack laughed and shook his head. "You guys are idiots."

Em smiled and said, "You know I've never been backstage with a band before but I think I should be worried if all bands are like this before a show."

Rian made air quotations as he spoke, "Yeah...you're 'special' Barakat."

Jack scoffed and rolled his eyes. "You're just jealous of my sexiness Dawson."

Zach gave an audible laugh which made Emery laugh at how adorable it was. Jack walked over and slung an arm around Em's shoulders and said "We're going to be good friends you and me Emilio." Emery hauled off and smacked his hand harshly and said, "Don't Call me that!" Jack made a hurt face and scooted away. "Feisty short woman..owe."