Chapter 11

"This is our last Orange County show, and god we love LOS ANGELES!" Rian said into the microphone, the crowd cheered.

"Thank you so much, we love you guys!", shouted Alex

He chuckled, Jack smiled and waved to the crowd, Zack doing the same before they all headed off stage. Alex came over and took Lilly by the hand, leading her back to the bus, Jack came over and hugged Emery who then, grossed out whined, "Ew, you're all sweaty and gross."'

Jack laughed and followed Lilly and Alex off to the bus. Rian stretched his arms as he walked to the bus, passing by Emery and Zack who was now walking at her side. "Hey." He said smiling, causing Em to smile back at him, "Hi." She said trying not to stare at him, if she did she would certainly loose focus.

Zack smiled at her and said, "You look nice tonight."

Rian had turned around and shouted, "Merrick hurry your ass up or I'm locking you out of the bus."

He laughed and jogged up ahead of Rian, beating him to the bus. He stopped in the doorway to say, "Looks like I get the first shower."

He said causing Rian to glare and mutter, "Show off."

Emery smiled and sat on the couch with Lilly. Alex headed over to chat with the guys from State Champs, their opening band. The water could be heard running as Zack was in the bathroom showering, Rian was laying in the back of the bus on the phone with his girlfriend and Jack was playing on his laptop. Emery sighed, "He's so cute. I just think I'm reading too far into things." Lilly shook her head, "Em, you worry too much. We're in the prime of our lives, we're on tour with the guys, you just gotta go for it. Live a little." She said and Em looked down at her hands, taking in her friend's words of wisdom. Zack walked out of the shower in just a towel, loosely hanging off his hips, his muscular body glistening with water as steam escaped the bathroom. He smirked at the girl's before he walked back to his bunk.

Lilly raised a brow and muttered to Emery, "If you don't jump on that I will."

Em shot her a glare before asking curiously, "Where's Alex?". Lilly shrugged, "He went over to the other bus." Jack closed his laptop setting it down as he got up to go shower.

As if summoned by the mere mention of his name, Alex grinning walked onto the bus.

Emery raised a brow, "What are you so happy about?"

Lilly was wondering the same thing.

He just smiled and said, "I talked to the guys in the other band, and I cleared it with Flyzik... we're going to have a surprise guest at the San Diego show."

Lilly smiled, "That's awesome babe I can't wait."

He smiled smugly, "Trust me you'll love it.", he said sitting down and placing a tender kiss on her lips. Emery got up avoiding the two lovebirds and walked back to her bunk. It only made sense with Em's luck that Zack, wearing only a pair of red and black, plaid pajama pants would be leaning against the bunks in the hall, blocking her way.

He smiled at her, "Hey, I wanted to talk to you."

"Okay, well talk Zack.", she said plainly, trying to avoid his mesmerizing hazel gaze.

He continued on anyways, "I'm sorry, about the kiss. I feel like I really freaked you out..it just felt right. I totally understand if you just want to be friends, Em." , he said with a warm friendly smile.

She couldn't help but look up into his eyes, "Oh, no. No." she mumbled.

Zack tilted his head and repeated her words, "No?", he said slightly confused. "I like you I do, I just don't want to rush into anything, and I'm a total mess..and I'm rambling ..and.."

She was cut off as Zack pulled her against him, their lips colliding in a gentle, loving embrace. She pulled back blushing, Jack walked out of the bathroom, finished with his shower and wearing only a pair of boxers.

He scrunched up his nose. "Jeez everyone's hooking up.", Jack muttered and ruffled up his hair with his hands and walked past them.