Chapter 5: It's a Date..Sort of

The sound of drowned out voices blaring out of the TV speakers washed over her, pulling her out of her peaceful slumber. Bright morning light came streaming through the gap between the hotel's thick curtains, urging Lilly to pull the sheets over her head as she was already awake now but wanted desperately to fall back asleep. She was laying there half asleep when her phone started buzzing, nearly falling off the small wooden bedside table from the vibrations. Groaning softly, she blindly reached for her phone.

TEXT CONVERSATION:

Alex: Hey gorgeous, you up?

Lilly: Just got up, Em woke me up with the TV.  Wassup?

Alex: Aw, I'm sorry. Come meet me downstairs in 15?

Lilly: Yeah, see you then.

She slipped on her jeans, a pair of well worn converse sneakers, a burgundy beanie, and an old Blink 182 tee shirt. Slipping her phone into her back pocket she headed down to the lobby to meet Alex. There he stood leaning against the wall on his phone clad in sneakers, skinny jeans, and a grey Glamour Kills hoodie, a beanie pulled over his messy hazel brown hair. He put away his phone and stood up straight smiling. "Ready?" Lilly tilted her head a bit, "For what?" He just smirked and opened door for her, "Come on." With a small mental shrug she followed him outside onto the sidewalk, walking at his side. "Coffee?" He asked and she gave a nod. "Yes, please. I'm going to die without it.", she said with a laugh.

He smiled warmly at her as they stood in line, "So how do you like the city?"

She nodded, "It's nice...I love the atmosphere and I love the rain. It's my favorite weather."

He smiled, "What about snow? Rain is great, but snow is way better." , he countered.

She shrugged. "I've seen snow once and I was seven, it doesn't snow much in Southern California.",she said with a laugh and they moved forward in line.

"Well...then I guess one of these days you'll have to visit me in Baltimore and you'll get to see the snow." He grinned and ordered himself a coffee, Lilly ordered hers and she was about to reach into her pocket when he pulled out his wallet and paid for both of their drinks as they walked over to wait for them. Once they were ready the barista gave a cheery smile and handed both of them to Alex who then handed Lilly her drink and said, "My treat." She smiled softly and sipped her coffee as they walked back out onto the city streets to wander a bit.

Peacefully sipping their coffees they made their way through a park and sat facing each other on a bench. "Oh my god you are such a dork.", Lilly said with a laugh,"It's cool that you like comic books."

He rolled his eyes "See this is the difference between you and I...you call them comic books..I call them graphic novels."

She smiled at her remark and sipped his coffee. "Okay favorite Disney movie!" 

She  smirked confidently, "Peter Pan." 

Alex grinned, "Me too." 

They both laughed. Alex then thought for a moment before asking, "Alright...When did you loose virginity." 

She shrugged and said "Seventeen...well like a month or two before I turned seventeen." Alex nodded, "I was fifteen" 

Lilly teasingly said, "Wow, you little whore...Okay my turn.." She thought a long moment before she smiled and said, "Alright I heard you got really drunk a few years back and married a fan in Vegas and got divorced like the next day..Rumor or true."

 He laughed. "That was a rumor. Actually I'm not sure how that even got started." He chuckled. She smiled and turned around, leaning back on the bench as she looked around the park. "You know Rockstar ..you're not too bad." Alex smiled looking down at the coffee cup in his hands before he looked towards her, he didn't even say anything he just sat there looking at her, admiring the amazing girl beside him.

They had begun to stroll through the park and back onto the streets, their cups were empty so they tossed them into the garbage and replaced the hands that held their coffees with each other, intertwining their fingers as they walked hand in hand. He took her not only into the hotel but all the way up to her room, after a long kiss goodbye he smiled and left. Lilly bit her lip and slipped into her hotel room smiling to herself.

Emery was sitting, or more like lounging, on one of the couch and watching TV. "You look happy.", she remarked and Lilly joined her friend on the couch.

"I had a good morning.", she said simply.

Emery laughed, "Does that mean your boyfriend Alex took you out?"

Lilly sighed, "Yes, Alex took me out but he's not my boyfriend."

Emery tilted her head and stared at her friend, "Uh huh...I mean you guys slept together, he gave you his number, you are always in constant contact whether you are texting, calling or Skyping, he flew you like 3 states away to see him, you guy's lips are like magnets, every time you are around each other you both become giggly children, and he just took you out again this morning....Oh let's not forget the photo he posted on Instagram and Twitter last night calling you his 'favorite' and his 'babe' . .Sounds like a couple to me."

Lilly scoffed and gave a shrug, "That doesn't mean anything...we just haven't put a label on it."

Emery sunk into the couch and rolled her eyes, "Whatever you say Lil."