Chapter 13:

The next morning, Lilly woke up, pulling herself off a Jack and knocking a few empty bottles to the ground in the process. Jack sat up and shook his head as he rubbed his temples, "Aghh my head."

She sat up, running a hand through her hair, after a moment she turned to Jack, "Last night was a mistake."

She said and Jack nodded, "We were both super drunk, it doesn't mean anything. We're still buds."

Lilly nodded a bit and stood up as she made her way to the bathroom to shower and put clean clothes on that didn't smell like a bar floor. Jack grabbed a bottle of water and went to lay down on his bunk to nap off the hangover. Zack and Emily were happily snuggled up together, awake but still lying there talking on Zack's bunk.

Alex slipped out from beneath pristine sheets, slowly and silently as not to wake the sleeping nude girl beside him. He sighed and slipped on yesterday's clothes, grabbing the van keys and abandoning Lisa. It was just a stupid one night stand, he was just angry, frustrated at his best friend and girlfriend. He had to face them at some point so he got in the van and drove back, he knew the roadies would need the van anyways. Parking the van he tossed the keys to one of the drivers walking past him and he stepped up onto the bus. He corked a brow at how empty it was, the only person he saw was

Rian who sat there sipping his coffee, giving a nod to Alex, "Hey sit. I need to talk to you before she comes out."

Alex internally groaned, but just sat down obediently.

Rian leaned forward, both hands wrapped around his mug as he said, "Nothing happened. Lilly saw you kiss Lis, but Jack just comforted her. They bugged the crap out of everyone and stayed up watching movies, drinking and eating candy."

Alex shook his head, "It doesn't change anything."

Rian narrowed his eyes at Alex, "You didn't ...did you?"

Lilly stepped out of the bathroom, fresh from the shower and dressed in clean clothes, she ran her fingers through her damp hair as she saw Alex lean towards Rian on the couch and say, "You mean fuck Lisa? Yeah, I did."

Lilly shook her head, screaming out "You're a fucking asshole, Alex!"

Emily and Zack exchanged glances, they both stood up and slipped on some pajamas and peaked their heads down the hall looking at Alex, Lilly and Rian. Jack groaned and covered his face with his pillow.

"I can't believe you actually slept with her...I'm so fucking done with you. UGH. I don't know why I came on this stupid tour!", Lilly groaned and went to grab her phone and sunglasses from her bunk, slipping on a beanie over her messy hair she stormed off the bus.

Rian nodded and said, "Well if she wasn't angry before, she is now."

Alex glared at him and he put his hands up in surrender.

"Sorry.",Rian muttered.

Zack rested a hand on his head as he said, "Should we go after her?"

Alex just shook his head muttering, "No. Let her fucking go."

Emily groaned and tried calling but she wouldn't pick up. "She won't talk to me either."

Rian nodded, he was really the only one who was dressed and separated from the situation. He abandoned his coffee on the couner and walked off the bus following Lilly out of the arena parking lot and onto he San Diego streets.

He caught up with her and she said coldly, "What do you want Dawson?"

He shrugged and looked around at the buildings lining the street side, "Just wanted to see my friend, is that a crime?"

She sighed and shrugged, she didn't even want to fight him, she knew he'd win anyways. He walked with his hands in his pockets as he glanced over at her.

"So, what do you want to do, this city's gorgeous." , he said observantly.

She was glad Ri wasn't pushing any questions about Alex, the last thing she needed was to be interrogated and he understood that She didn't say anything so he continued on, "You know the Gaslamp District isn't too far, let's head there, that will be fun." He said and nodded to the left. She followed him, walking close at his side as they entered the beautiful, famous Gaslamp quarter. They walked down the rows of shops, the streets all clean and kept looking beautifully. She smiled and spotted a record store, like a kid in a candy store she wandered around inside, flipping through boxes of records, picking out a few. Rian just smiled and watched her. Once she had them all picked out he flipped through them and gave an approving nod, "Good choices." , he remarked but he didn't hand them back to her so she could buy them. Instead he bought them for her and carried them as they walked back onto the streets.

She sighed and leaned back against a brick wall outside a shop, "Do you think he's still into her?"

Rian shook his head, "No way, they're old news, he was just angry and she was there. Trust me there's nothing left between her, he hates her."

Lilly nodded and then looked up to Rian, "You're not just telling me what I want to hear, are you?"

She asked and he teasingly responded, "Maybe." causing them both to laugh.

She stood up straight and spotted a small little cafe across the road, she turned to Rian "You hungry?"

He grinned "Starving."

They sat down at a small table outside, sitting across from each other. After they ordered they started talking.

"So are you one pony kind of man, or do you play other instruments?"

He shrugged "Mostly drums, I don't deviate much..what about you? Hiding any musical talents?"

"Lilly sat back and shrugged, "I can play, just can't play well. I was in piano lessons as a kid, my uncle was drummer and taught me everything he knows. Self taught on guitar and my Uncle made me learn bass because he says there are not enough female bass players."

Rian raised his brows as the waitress set down a burger in front of him and a sandwich in front of her.

"A woman of many talents, we should just put you in the band." , he said with a chuckle before biting into his burger.

They ate quietly, once they finished up they walked back through the Gaslamp Quarter and back to the arena.

Zack and Emily had gone out for food and a movie, and Jack was still sleeping off his hangover, leaving Alex sitting alone on the couch and drinking. Rian opened the bus door and Lilly walked inside to find Alex.

She corked a brow, "Hey Rockstar, you gonna sit there all day and sulk or are you going to get your ass up and talk to me?"

Rian laughed and walked to the back of the bus leaving them alone.

Alex sat up a bit, "I slept with Lisa, but I'm sorry. I was an idiot."

Lilly plopped down on the couch beside him, "So was I, I'm sorry about jumping to conclusions. Although to be fair you did sleep with her and I'm still mad about that so don't expect things to be perfect."

"I don't want perfect." He murmered and leaned forward to kiss her, "I want you." He finished. She snuggled up against him on the couch, laying her head on his chest and he sat back stroking her hair with one hand, the other arm wrapped around her holding her close, rubbing circles on her arm with his thumb as they sat together, enjoying each other's company.