Chapter 29: Nothing Lasts Forever

Another day, another city. This time they were in Nashville Tennessee. They were in the big city, it was a big day with an amazing show planned out for that night, the morning they arrived was simply peaceful...aside from the stressful hours of prep before the show. The morning was like any other, fairly peaceful up until sound check, adjusting set lists, and then of course the show but when you did this for a living..every single day you took the peaceful mornings when you got them. There was nothing particularly special today, everyone was simply happy, at least for the time being. Matt, Vinny and the rest of the crew was bus setting things up and what not while everyone else was still on the bus, most of them sleeping. Rian was snoring a bit in his bunk. Jack was laying on his bunk starring up at the ceiling, lost in thought. Emery purred a bit as she curled up against Zack, he smiled and rolled over kissing the top of her head and murmuring, "I love you." Em smiled as he pulled her closer.

Alex smiled as he sat up, "Good morning gorgeous", he mused and kissed Lilly with a grin.

She gave a faint smile and rolled over a bit, glancing over at him and muttering, "It's early."

He laughed and nodded, "It is, and you're beautiful and I love you."

She smiled and murmured, "What's gotten into you?"

He gave a small shrug as he set up, "It's going to be a good day, show ton

ight, Nashville lights, it's going to be insane. I can't wait..and I get to spend it here with you." She smiled and he climbed out of the bunk kissing her cheek, he reached down onto the floor picking his dirty jeans up and pulling his phone out of his pants pocket, turning it on to check twitter. "Ah, shit. It's dead..Babe, can you plug it in? I'm going to go hop in the shower."

Everyone slowly made their way out of their beds and into clean clothes. Rian leaned against the kitchen counter sipping his black coffee, Emery sat giggling in Zack's lap happily spending time with the love of her life. Jack was still laying in his bed thinking, maybe it was better he wasn't in the same room as Lilly. Lilly sat on the couch in the room with everyone else but her mind was elsewhere, she was barely there as she spaced off starring at the floor and playing with the necklace around her neck. Alex walked out of the back of the bus with his now fully charged phone in hand as he sat down beside Lilly and turned on his phone opening up twitter. He scrolled through his feed finding nothing of real interest until he found several pictures, several rumor tweets...but these rumors didn't seem to be just rumors. There were photos, pictures of Jack and Lilly holding hands and sharing food in a coffee shop, holding hands and wandering the city streets and kissing.. Alex froze up, starring down intently at his phone screen at an utter lost for words. He roughly locked his phone screen causing the screen to go black, running his thumb along the edge as he starred down at his hands muttering through slightly gritted teeth, "How was coffee with Jack the other day?" , he asked a bit plainly.

She froze for a moment before simply saying, "Uh, fine I guess."

He shut his eyes a moment and spat out coldly, "How long?" She looked at him and widened her eyes a bit, "What??"

He spoke again repeating the same emotionless words, "How long."

She shook her head, "Alex, what are you talking about?"

He shot up standing, towering over as he looked at her with a look of not love but pain and utter disgust and distrust, "HOW LONG." , he shouted and she could barely look him in the eyes

She stuttered out, "It just..it just happened..I swear. Once. I'm so sorry Lexy.."

He shook his head. "You lied. You cheated. You fucking bitch. You know..the worst thing wasn't even that you kissed my fucking best friend..it's that I actually loved you..that I actually thought you loved me too, that you gave me fucking hope. You made me love you and I guess I'm a fucking idiot for thinking someone so heartless could actually love someone."

His words cut like a blade. She sat back paralyzed, tears welling up in her eyes. "Lexy..."

He shook his head giving a cold glare as he spat, "Don't call me that." He turned around and started to walk away before shaking his head and saying, "That's it. I'm done."

She stood up, "Alex." she said and gently reached out a hand towards him but he pushed it away and looked her dead in the eyes his gaze empty, col.

"No. Pack your fucking bags right now and go home. This is the end. This is it"

Tears were now fully streaming down her pale cheeks, "Alex...I love you..."

He shook his head and gave a bitter laugh. "No. You fucking don't and I certainly don't love you, not anymore. Get out." She stood there wordlessly until he finally shouted "GET OUT!"

She shook her head and wiped away her tears and took off to the back of the bus where she saw Jack leaning against the wall quietly as the screaming match had just gone down but she wouldn't look at him. She quickly shoved her things into a duffle and she walked back in and wiped her tears looking to Emery, "If I forgot anything, ship it back to me.", she said coldly and then took off the diamond necklace Alex had given her as a symbol of their love and she shoved it against Alex's chest as she stormed off the bus and went to call a cab to head to the airport. Alex threw the necklace and growled as he punched the wall. The bus was silent.

Alex didn't talk about it. The show had to go on but other than their usual on stage banter he didn't talk to anyone especially not Jack. They all attended a huge Nashville afterparty where Alex drank his weight in liquor and enjoyed the perks of being a single male rock-star as many attractive female fans had flocked to him after the show. The next flight to Los Angeles wasn't leaving for another two hours and so with her bag in hand Lilly sat in the empty airport terminal and laid on one of the couches, crying quietly . It was over. This was the end. But then again nothing lasts forever.