Chalter 15: Happy For A Day

" Emery..." Zack said softly as he pulled back the curtain to her bunk and sat beside her, one hand holding warm mug, the other gently rubbing her back. " Emery wake up." He muttered, his smooth deep voice drawing her out of her slumber. She gave a sleepy smile as she lay on her stomach and turned her head toward him, looking at him through barely opened eyes. He smiled and said, " Good morning beautiful." After a moment she pulled herself into a sitting position and leaned against the bunk walk , the sheets all draped over her legs. " Hi." She said simply, and he smiled warmly at her and handed her the cup, " I brought you tea." She gently grabbed it and took a sip, nodding in thanks. He sighed and said, " I'm sorry about last night. I didn't mean to ignore you, I was drunk and I was just making conversation, and Alex texted me saying he took you back. So I knew you were safe, and I didn't have to worry." Emery sipped her tea as she listened, she hated that she couldn't stay mad him. She simply muttered, " I don't like parties." He nodded and said, " I know and I'm sorry."

Alex placed a gentle kiss on Lilly's bare shoulder. He sat in skinny jeans and a hoodie on the couch with Lilly sat in his lap wearing a pair of shorts and a black tank top. She had her long violet hair pulled up into a messy bun, a wide grin on her pale pink lips. She leaned back against Alex grinning and laughing as he wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her again him and pressing tender kissed along her neck, shoulders, and collar bones. " Lexy stop! You're going to make me spill my coffee!" , Lilly wormed and he retreated by stopping the kisses and instead resting his head on her shoulder. She sipped her coffee and with a gentle smile leaned her head on his. Jack walked through the bus wearing ripped jeans and his worn out "Boner" tee shirt , he shoved a half a donut in his mouth and slid into the front of the bus where the couches were. Lilly and Alex couldn't help but laugh as he almost toppled over.

"Jack, what are you doing?", Lilly asked with a laugh and he rolled his eyes as of it was obvious.

"I am devising a plan in which we will all have the greatest day ever ..once we get to Albuquerque."

" Alright well have fun then, Jack-O" She said with a laugh.

He smirked confidently, " I will. And we are going to have the best day ever! Aaaaa-and we will all be totally normal people! No shows, no celebrities, no fans. Just a group of pals."

She laughed and Alex smiled, " Sounds great."

Rian was standing at the kitchen counter, starring out the window, watching the landscape whirr past as they made their way to the next city.

Things were peaceful..well as peacefully as they could be on a tour bus full of four guys and two girls who all acted like over grown children. They weren't just a band of rockstars accompanied by a violet haired writer and corky YouTuber, they were friends, they were family, they were just a bunch of kids having fun.

It seemed like after arriving in New Mexico, that everything just happened so fast. They arrived in Albuquerque a few hours later. That night they played a kick ass show and spent some extra time on stage , adding their own personal song requests onto the set list for the fans. Just like every show, they played, they drank, they laughed, they kissed, they hung out on the bus, they drank some more, and they slept at an unreasonably late hour that in truth was farther into the next morning than it was in the night.

"He woke us all up." Rian said loudly as he ripped back the bunk curtain, " So you have to get up too." He said as the morning light shone through the bus making Lilly and Alex who lay intertwined with each other in just their underwear on their bunk, Rian with his arms crossed staring down at them, " Come on love birds. Rise and shine and get your asses out of bed." Jack was standing already dressed and excited for the day ahead as he leaned by the bus door. Emery was dressed, looking cute as always in her overly planned outfit and looking tired, with a sleepy Zack standing behind her, arms loosely wrapped around Em. Lilly groaned and threw her pillow at Rian, " Go away." She muttered sleepily. Rian laughed, " Come on princess. Get your ass up." She groaned and sat up her eyes rely open. Lilly nudged Alex who was still asleep, wearing nothing but boxers. " Alex." He didn't move and she nudged him again. Gently shaking him, " Aaaaaaalexxxxx Get uppppppp" she whined and finally he rubbed his face mumbling " Babyyy." Rian rolled his eyes and walked away to join the rest of the group as they waited for Alex and Lilly l so they could commence with Jack's agenda for the day.

" One down. What's next Jack-O throw it at me." Lilly said as everyone walked of the movie theater and onto the street. Everyone turned to Jack who had planned out the day off. Jack smirked and swayed a bit before finally saying, " Welp, next up we're going to get matching tattoos." Zack and Rian laughed, Emery shot him the death glare exclaiming "NO!" Lilly was smiling, " Hell yeah." And Alex chuckled at the girls and their polar opposite reactions. Jack rolled his eyes and gave an overly dramatic sigh, " FINE. We'll got the arcade. Good old fashioned fun." He said with a smile and oddly enough everyone agreed and walked a couple of blocks over to an old fashioned arcade.

Jack was screaming out with joy as he intensely played pinball. Rian was having fun trying to beat Jack as they went back and forth against each other. Emery laughed, " I can't do this." Zack laughed, " It's fun come on. Didn't you ever play this as a kid?" Emery laughed causing her to snort a bit, " No". Zack smiled and started the game, Dance Dance Revolution which as they played neither of them could stop laughing at themselves and each other. " I'm going to kick your ass" Lilly said with a laugh as she aimed the plastic gun at the screen. Alex laughed " You're going down babe." He said side glancing at her, almost missing the start of the game.

" This is actually kind of fun." Emery said smiling as she gently leaned against Zack. Jack smiled, " See I can do fun things." Rian added, "And shockingly everyone is relatively sober." Jack narrowed his eyes at him and mumbled, " Hopefully not ALL night." Zack and Alex laughed and they walked down the street to the next event of the day.

The group however had so rudely had their day ruined as several men armed with cameras approached them. Had it been a few fans the band would have happily smiled, taking pictures and signed whatever and went on peacefully with the rest of their day. But of course it had to be sleazy paparazzi wielding cameras and pressing personal questions as they invaded everyone's personal space. Snap, Snap, cameras went off in their faces and everyone was getting barraged with questions, one after the other leaving no time for them to be answered even if they wanted to answer them.

"Zack, care to comment on new girlfriend Emery's recent success in a second film office?"

" Jack, Monica, your ex has been seen with John Mayer as of late..how does that make you feel?"

" Alex how do you describe the bands most recent success and new tour dates?"

" Lilly, is it true you are fully accepting of Alex's alleged affair with Lisa."

"Rian is it true you plan to propose to Casadee?"

" Alex, how do you-" the reporters were cut off as Zack shielded Emery from the crowd of paparazzi hovering over therm and walked her away from them. Rian pushed back a few of the reporters, allowing Alex and Lilly to escape holding onto each other. Rian followed soon after. Jack turned to the paparazzi and yelled out " GET A LIFE, Oh and to be fair, Monica and I dated for 3 months, a year ago so I'm not really worried about it." He said before walking off with the rest of the group.

The group retreated in the corner booth of a mostly empty 24 hour diner. They all sat around the corner Emery and Lilly sitting in the center Zack next to Emery and next to Lilly with Jack and Rian on the outer ends. There was an odd peacefulness as they all ordered breakfast at 4 in the afternoon and just ate their food, enjoying their time together, happily forgetting about the paparazzi and enjoying the rest of the day

-------------------------------------------------------
So Author's Note:
I'm sorry for this shitty chapter that I wrote on my phone in the waiting room of the dentist's office. Sorry. It'll get better...or at least more  interesting soon.