2. A Change Of Sides

Location: The Nemesis

General Narration

"Please Lord Megatron I meant no, AGGH-" Nightstar pleaded for her master to stop but before she could explain anything he whacked her across the room. "No Nightstar! You've betrayed me and you will be punished!" He said slowly, deeply, whilst walking towards her.

She was crawling backwards on her back. Megatron then came forward and stepped on her. He was furious.

"Aghhhh, Lord Megatron-...I have.....a plan!" She spat the words out under his foot. Megatron, now getting bored, removed his foot and lifted her up by the throat with his hand. "Explain Nightstar, quickly." He said quietly.

"With your permission I was going to infiltrate the Autobots-....by becoming one of them......and then retrieving inside information-......that I can then give to you Lord Megatron." She could barley get the words out. Megatron contemplated her idea, and then set her down on the ground.

"An intriguing plan, that would work well considering the Autobots haven't seen you before. Much less, know of your existence." He said with his back to her. "You may." He said. "Sorry Lord Megatron?" Nightstar questioned still recovering from her latest punishment. "You may go ahead with your plan.....once you're all fixed up and ready to go." He explained, not seeming to regret the punishment he inflicted on her earlier for no reason at all. "Though it would probably be wise to come up with an alias in case the Autobots remember the name Nightstar." Megatron advised. "Of course, My Liege." She said weakly.

Nightstar left the communications hub to find Knockout and repair herself so she could leave as soon as possible.

Knockout turned around at the sound of the doors opening, only to find his wounded teammate about to fall unconscious. He ran towards her and caught her before she hit the ground.

"Night! By the AllSpark! What happened to you?!" Knockout rapidly shot the words out. "Megatron thought I was betraying him *cough* but I explained everything." She said weakly.

Knockout carried Nightstar bridal style and placed her on the table where she first got her insignia changed. He began her healing process, closing wounds, cleaning the energon spill.

Hours passed and Nightstar awoke from her sleep, still in Knockouts lab. She checked herself as the events from earlier came rushing back to her. She looked down, the wounds, scratches, energon all gone. If there was one thing Knockout was, it was a damn good surgeon!

Knockout entered the lab and saw Nightstar sitting up on the table. "Are you okay?" He asked as he walked towards her. "Yeh think so, I can barley feel the pain." She said happy with her recovery. "Thanks." Her appreciation was returned with a warm smile from Knockout.

After informing Knockout of what was happening she left the lab, well rested and recovered, to find Lord Megatron and aware him of her departure.

She found him in the communications hub as usual. "Lord Megatron. I am about to take my leave and infiltrate the Autobot ranks." She informed. "Very well Nightstar, I hope all goes well. I'll be waiting right here for all the information you can get." He said with an evil smile across his face. "Yes Sire." And with that she left and departed from the ship, flying into the desert area just outside Jasper.

She was hoping the Autobots would locate her signal or else she could be wondering these deserts for a long time, having not known the 'Bots base location.

To her luck, while wondering the desert she heard a ground bridge open up behind her, instinctively, she hid behind the rocks.

While peeking her head around, her optics spotted a white 'Bot with blue detailing walk through the portal alone. She also noticed the Autobot insignia. Despite that she was scared to no end of going behind enemy lines, she had a plan and a mission to do. But before she stood up the 'Bot started speaking.

"Hey Rach' there's nothing here. Your computers must be broken." He spoke into what seemed like a com-link. "Hello?!" He yelled out into the empty desert. Nightstar decided. She emerged from the rocks nervously, slowly.

She stood before the white Autobot who had a look of disbelief across his face. 'Was it really this rare to find Autobots?' Nightstar thought to herself. The Autobot slowly walked towards Nightstar. "Um, hey!" He greeted. Nightstar simply waved her servo unable to get any words out. She regretted this entirely, with her luck she'd blow her own cover! But she had to keep going.

"Your an Autobot right?" He asked. "Y-yes I am, I've been searching for other Autobots" She said calmly. "Well your in luck! Here I am!" He yelled in joy. He walked up to Nightstar and held out his hand, "I'm Smokescreen." She shook his hand. "I'm Skyfrost." She'd finally put her Autobot alias into play. "Nice to meet you Skyfrost." he said very formally. He seemed to be checking in with other Autobots and whether or not she could come across.

He finished talking to his com-link and returned to Nightstar. "You're comin with me!" He said. Nightstar simply stared at him blankly. "Sorry, that sounded a little weird, I meant you can come with me to the Autobot base and I'll introduce you to the group." He explained before leading her into the open ground bridge behind him. She walked through, and appeared in front of five other 'Bots, all their optics looking straight at her.

Optmius broke the silence. "Welcome, I am Optmius Prime." He said calmly. "I'm Skyfrost" she replied back. "This is Arcee, Bulkhead, Bumblebee and our medic Ratchet. You've already met Smokescreen." He introduced the whole gang, with each Autobot waving at the sound of their name. She waved back.

"I've never seen you on Cybertron before?" The one called Arcee questioned. This is where 'Skyfrost' had to get her story right and believable. "I wasn't able to fight during the war as I hadn't received the training I needed." She answered the femmes question.

"Well do you know how to fight?" The big green one said. 'Are you serious' Skyfrost thought to herself. "Yes, during the time after the war on Cybertron I tried to make my way back to Earth, where the messages Optimus had sent out were coming from, and while travelling I ran into a few 'Cons, managed to hitch a ride back to Earth on the Nemesis, and, here I am!" She finally got it all out relieved that the story part was over. 'Done interrogating me?!' She thought annoyingly to herself.

It was silent until someone spoke up. "Well welcome to the team!!" Smokescreen cheered. Honestly out of all the 'Bots, Smokescreen was the only one who actually looked like he was happy she was here. She didn't feel extremely welcomed.

"Ahem. Smokescreen if you would, please escort Skyfrost here to her berthroom. There's an extra one down the hall." Ratchet stated while staring at his computer screens. "Will do Doc!" Smokescreen saluted as he motioned for Skyfrost to follow him.

The two walked down the halls in silence. Skyfrost didn't want to risk her cover being blown. The smallest thing she said could lead to her being discovered.

The doors opened at the sense of someone's presence. "So here it is! It's not much but it's good enough to gain a recharge and some peace and quiet from the others." He explained. The room contained a medium sized berth as well as a desk with a chair and a few datapads located on the desk in the corner. "Thankyou Smokescreen." She said as she walked into her berthroom. "Heh, um, you can call me smoke, if you want to." He said with a shy smile spreading across his face. Skyfrost returned a warm smile to him, "Very well, you can call me frost." She said to him. "Can I call you sky?" He asked. "If you wish." She replied back. "Ok bye sky!" He said as he turned and walked off. "Bye smoke." Sky said, puzzled by Smokescreens sudden friendliness.

Little did she know the relationships she would create and things she would find out while under the same roof as the Autobots, could make her question her perceptions and thoughts about which side she aligned herself with.