19. Accepted

Nightstars POV

"Optimus. I hate the things Nightstar has done just as much as you do, if not, more." Smokescreen started. I looked down sadly upon hearing this. "But I've spoken with her and questioned her on many things and her answers are true." He continued.

"Hah! Yeh! Like we're gonna believe you! She's a 'Con Smokescreen! They're known for lying!" Arcee hissed. I shuddered at Arcees tone and volume. She really hated me now.

"No. We're bonded and through the bond I can tell she's not lying, if she was i'd sense deception through the bond." Smoke explained. I continued avoiding all optic contact with the others.

"I don't care! She's a Decepticon! Those monsters killed Tailgate and Cliffjumper! She is not staying with us!" Arcee protested.

"Arcee if this is too much for you personally I advise you step out for a moment while I deal with this matter." Optimus advised, gesturing to the exit of the base.

"Optimus are you seriously thinking this over?! She worked for Megatron! That should be enough to lock her up in a cell for the rest of her life!" She shouted. She was getting louder and more furious.

"The Decepticons need to pay for what they've done!" She yelled before jumping at me. "Ahhhh!!" I screamed.

She pinned me to the ground and revealed her blades that laid on her arms. "The Decepticons will PAY!!" She shouted. I struggled to get her off me, weeks without proper servings of energon and lack of recharge didn't help.

"ARCEE!! GET OFF HER!!" Smokescreen yelled while trying to pry her off me. Bulkhead helped Smokescreen while Bee assisted me in getting back on my pedes.

Optimus gave a stern look to the two wheeler and she grunted before shrugging Smoke and Bulk's servos off her shoulders. She transformed and left the base.

I held my left arm, where she'd cut me. "Night, you're cut!" Smoke said. "Bring her here." Ratchet ordered. Smoke led me to the med berth and Ratchet patched my arm up. 

Meanwhile Smokescreen had left with the others to chat in the back about whether or not I can be trusted.

Smokescreens POV

"Smokescreen what did you ask her?" Optimus asked me calmly. "I asked her her real name, about her brother and whether or not this was all a lie." I replied.

Optimus knew I was referring to my love life with Nightstar and nodded.

"And this bond thingy, you can sense the truth and lies in her voice?" Bulkhead asked. I nodded at him. "When she spoke I felt nothing but truth, on top of sadness and sorry and other things. . . " I trailed off, remembering all the pain she and I had been in recently.

Optimus was silent for awhile as if he were thinking over the possibility of letting her back on the team.

I prayed to Primus he was going to let her back on the team. Despite all she'd done, I loved her and it was as simple as that.

"She could help us out with 'Con info." Bulkhead pointed out. Though I agreed, I was not going to use her like a slave. Optimus was silent for a while longer thinking over the situation.

Finally he spoke.

"If you trust her and the bond is displaying truth. She can stay." Optimus said. Inside fireworks were going off.

"Thankyou Optimus!!" I cheered, trying to keep my cool. I ran off into the main room ready to share the info to Sky- uh Nightstar. That'll take me awhile to get used to.

General Narration

Optimus and Bulkhead watched as Smokescreen ran to Nightstar as a child would run to candy.

"Young love." Bulkhead hummed. "Mmm" Optimus replied, smiling lightly as he watched Smokescreen.

Nightstars POV

I sat on the medical berth awaiting my sparkmate and the others to return. I prepared myself for the worst. I knew I was gonna be kicked out. There's no way they were gonna take me back after everything I've done.

Suddenly I saw Smokescreen rush through the door way and headed my way. He approached me and picked me up by my waist and spun me around very joyously.

He finally placed me back on my pedes and smiled down on me.

"Um. . . Everything ok?" I asked quietly.

"Everything's perfect! Optimus is letting you stay!!" He cheered.

My optics lit up and my chest felt like a ton of bricks had been lifted up off it. I hugged him tightly.

"I'm sorry for everything Smokescreen!! I'll never do it again! I never want to hurt you ever again!!" I choked out, tears streaming down my faceplate both sad and happy ones.

He returned the embrace and patted my back. "It's ok." He cooed.

Optimus and Bulkhead appeared. I looked at the leader. "Thankyou." I said sincerely. He nodded at me.

"Arcee won't be happy." I muttered. "Don't worry. I'll explain to her. She'll get over it don't worry." Bulkhead assured me.

"I swear I won't betray the Autobots ever again." I said. Optimus nodded and smiled softly at me.

Finally. Back with the ones I love. For good.