8. Risks

General Narration

Location: Autobot Base

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN, 'SHE DIDNT MAKE IT'. WHY DIDN'T YOU CHECK BEFORE YOU CLOSED THE GROUNDBRIDGE!?" Smokescreen yelled at everyone. "Smokescreen, would you please calm down And lay back on the med-berth so I can fix you up!" Ratchet scolded. "NO! Ratchet I'm fine! We need to get back on the Nemesis and find Sky!" He commanded.

Smokescreen hobbled towards the lever which activated the groundbridge, clutching his side. It ached from repeated jabs of energon prods. But he had to save her, just as she had saved him.

Arcee ran in front of Smokescreen before he reached the lever placing both her servos up in front of him. "Smokescreen, you're not thinking straight. You're injured, going back onto the Nemesis is suicide!" She shouted at him. "No! Arcee get out of my way!" He demanded.

He shoved Arcee out of his way.  She stumbled backwards. Bumblebee and Bulkhead then ran up and held back Smokescreen. "Smoke, calm down!" Bulkhead exclaimed while pulling Smokescreen back, while Bumblebee pushed him from the front. "Argh- Let me go!" Smokescreen yelled, thrashing about in the 'Bots grips.

Ratchet snuck up behind Smokescreen and jabbed a needle in him, injecting a fluid that would make him temporarily unconscious. He fell backwards, Bulkhead catching him.

"Bring him back on the med-berth." Ratchet instructed. Bulkhead did as told, lifting Smoke onto the med-berth. Ratchet quickly got to work on Smokescreens wounds, knowing that that serum would not keep him stable for long.

----------

Smokescreens POV

Location: Autobot Base

"Ughhh, what the frag happened?" I groaned as I onlined, finding myself on my berth. I swung my legs around sitting upright. I winced and grabbed my side as I tried to stand up.

I staggered towards the door, only to find the one and only, Optimus Prime.

"Optimus I hate to go against your command, but I need to get back out there and help her." I sighed. "I partly understand your desire to help Skyfrost, but I do not understand your motive that is making you so reckless and eager to get to her." He calmly said, though it was more of a question. "I- I can't explain it I just need to get to her, please Optimus." I pleaded.

I walked forward but Optimus moved his servo in front of my chassis, stopping me in my tracks. I looked up at him and knew I was never going to leave my berthroom unless I told him.

"Ok, ok ok ok. Sky and I have been- we're um. You see uhh, you know when humans like show affection to one another. . . Um , how do I-" I started but was cut off. "Smokescreen, I understand. Thankyou for telling me. While you were resting, we scanned for Skyfrost's signal, I believe we have found it." He explained. I was jumping for joy inside, finally. I'm coming Sky, I'm coming.

We made our way to the main room where everyone was waiting patiently. "I have a weak signal on Skyfrost, but it's strong enough and it's all we've got." Ratchet started. "It'll be a risk though. Going back onto the Nemesis." He continued.

"It's a risk I'm willing to take."

Nightstar's POV

Location: Nemesis

We walked through so many hallways, I haven't been on the Nemesis in so long I almost lost my way. I was granted time to rest in my old berthroom. . . before having to answer to Megatron. Apart of me wanted Smokescreen to just appear out of nowhere and save me, before I have to speak to Megatron.