18. Truth

General Narration

"What do we do? I mean she was our 'friend' we can't just kill her. And she's Smokes sparkmate." Bulkhead whispered the second part. "Can we trust her?" Bulk asked, not wanting to resort to death.

"Of course we can't! She's a fragging 'Con! When did we start trusting Decepticons?!" Arcee hissed back.

Everyone went silent. Not wanting to trust a 'Con but not wanting to kill her either.

"So. What're we gonna do with her?" Arcee asked. "We will have to keep her here. One less Decepticon give us a greater chance of winning the war." Optimus replied.

"We can get some info outta her!" Bulkhead said punching his fists together. "She may prove useful for that. Bulk's got a point." Arcee agreed. Optimus just looked at his two followers, not entirely keen on the idea. He simply turned to his computers and continued his work.

Smokescreen just stood at the back. Silently. Quietly. No emotion in his optics.

"Hey Smoke? You right?" Bulkhead asked. "Fine." Smokescreen replied flatly. He walked towards the back of base and headed towards the cells. He didn't know if this was the best idea but he had to.

He walked down the hallway where the few cells were. All empty. Except the far one at the back. Where Skyfrost was.

Smokescreen reached her cell and stared at her still form, unconscious on the ground. He loved her with all his spark, but after this. He didn't know what was going to become of their bond.

Smokescreen let out a small vent. Apparently Skyfrost must've heard it as it awoke her.

Her optics fluttered open slowly at first. She then regained full vision and made out Smokescreens form.

"S-smokescreen?" She said quietly, barley a whisper. Smokescreen didn't answer. Skyfrost got up of the ground and was now standing, face to face with Smoekscreen. The bars of the cell were the only thing between the two Cybertronians.

Sky opened her mouth to speak again but was cut of by Smokescreen.

"What's your real name?" Smokescreen questioned. Skyfrost looked at the ground. "Nightstar." She replied back in a sad tone.

"Who was the other Mech? The one who picked a fight with me. What was his name. . . Nightblade." He asked another question.

Nightstar slightly jolted her helm up, realising her brother was still on the Nemesis.

"Well?!" Smokescreen slammed the cell bars, getting impatient. Nightstar jumped at his sudden action and got knocked back into reality.

"H-he's my b-brother." She stuttered.

Smokescreens face turned even angrier than before.

"You lied to me!!" He yelled. "What? No!" She desperately said back. "You said he was killed on Cybertron! And he just happens to be by your side on the Nemesis!" He shouted at her.

Nightstar shrunk back. "N-no! Your don't understand he-"

"I don't care! I don't want to hear it!"

"Smokescreen! Please! Let me explain!"

"No! You've lied to me enough! I bet that whole 'I love you Smokescreen' was all an act as well! You never loved me!"

"No. I may have lied, but it wasn't all a lie!"

"Enough! You haven't given me any reason to believe it was true." He said and turned to leave.

Nightstar ran up to the bars and held her arm out.