22. Jealousy

General Narration

Nightblade and Nightstar had been spending a lot of time together, her brother did just come from the dead. Which meant Smokescreen had to share his sparkmate.

He sulked around the base mumbling to himself and imitating Nightblade in annoying voices. He didn't like Nightblade all that much at the moment.

He walked into the main room and saw his sparkmate with her brother, speaking to Optimus.

Smokescreens POV

"If you are going to stay with your sister and join the Autobot's, you will require a ground vehicle." Optimus said. "We can go out now and get him a ground vehicle." Nightstar suggested. Her brother nodded in agreement. "I do not believe it is 100% safe out there, Smokescreen, could you accompany them. If there is any trouble you are to comm base immediately." He ordered. 'Really Optimus? Really?! Now!?' I whined. "Yes of course Optimus." I replied just before quickly glaring at Nightblade. The two siblings walked out as I followed behind.

We continued travelling until we got to a highway where lots of cars pass. Nightblade laid down so he wouldn't be seen and watched the cars drive by, as did Nightstar. I stood behind them, crossing my arms, not one bit interested.

"That one?.....how about that one?.....that one over there is ok." Nightstar continued suggesting cars to her brother. He kept shaking his head no. I sighed in irritation, Nightstar must've heard me.

She left her brother and walked towards me as Nightblade continued searching for a ground mode. "Is something wrong?" She asked sweetly. I shook my head, "No." I replied. She looked confused but smiled at me. "You know you can tell me anything, right?" She assured me. "I know." I said simply. She opened her mouth again as she was about to say something but was cut off.

"I got one!!" Nightblade shouted. Nightstar spun around and saw her brother transforming into his alternate mode. I quickly ran an internal search, he chose a Ferrari 488 GTB. I snickered at his choice of vehicle, mine was still better. "Nice!" Nightstar complimented. "Thanks sis!" He replied. I kept quiet. He kept checking himself out and I kept rolling my optics. "Ugh C'mon! Optimus wanted us back as soon as you got an alternate mode." I spat as I transformed and revved my engine. "Who changed your gears?!" I heard Nightblade retort. I transformed back to my bi pedal form. "You got a problem?!" I said whilst holding a digit up to his chassis.

"Don't touch me! Sparkling!" He spat as he whacked my arm away.

"Did you just call me a sparkling?!"

"Well, you're definitely not a mech!"

"Blade, that's enough." Nightstar stepped in and looked at Nightbalde sternly. He didn't look like he was going to listen.

"How about I kick your aft back to exactly where you came from!" I spat at him.

"Smokescreen!" Nightstar yelled at me, a shocked expression across her face. I knew I'd overstepped the boundary, I basically threatened to kill my sparkmates brother. I looked at her once more before transforming and driving off back to base. I truly felt bad. How could I say such a thing. That was my sparkmates brother, just because I've got a problem with him doesn't mean I should ruin my relationship with his sister.

The whole trip home I kept cursing myself for being such a fragging idiot! I'll have to apologise some time when the two get back.

I reached the door to base and walked through. I didn't bother talking or even greeting anyone I just headed towards my berthroom. I flopped onto my berth and decided to take a quick recharge while I waited for them to get back. As I drifted off I kept thinking off different ways to apologise to Nightstar.