13. Punishment

General Narration

The Autobots returned from their lengthy battle. They explained everything that happened and why the 'Cons had attacked the rock. Though, Skyfrost already knew.

She headed back to her berthroom to contemplate on what to do next.

If she returned to the Nemesis she'd be in for a whole lot of never ending torture. And that was if she was lucky!

Megatron would surely end her life and extinguish her spake for this.

Skyfrosts POV

What do I do? I'm so lost. Do I return to the Nemesis and await my punishment? Tell the truth to my Autobot allies? I don't know.

Smokescreen came into my room without knocking or waiting for me to allow him to come in. I didn't mind though.

He crashed onto my berth with a worried expression across his faceplate.

"Smoke? Are you alright?" I asked concerned. He turned to face me. "The 'Cons are closing in on us! The spot they attacked wasn't too far from our actual base. What if the next time they strike. . . they get lucky." He said.

I wrapped my arms around Smoke, trying to comfort him. He also wrapped his arms around me, holding me tightly. "I don't want to lose you." He whispered. I nuzzled my helm into him.

"It's gonna be alright, we'll make it." I replied back softly. "How are you so sure?" He asked gently. Careful, if I put too much light in this he'll see through all the cracks. I had to choose the right words so I didn't give away my cover.

"Because I love you Smoke, and we'll get through this." I assured him. Trying to convince him it'd be alright, and, also trying to convince myself it'd be alright.

After a little silence between us we both got up and retreated back to the main room.

"Skyfrost I'd like you to go on recon around Jasper. See if there is any more Decepticon activity. But not engage." Optimus ordered. "Of course, M-Optimus." I stuttered. 'Nice one!! You just blew your cover! Start thinking straight!!' I scolded myself.

He nodded. Phew! I think I'm good. I headed for the tunnel and drove out. Once I was outside I took to the skies.

I was flying peacefully and it gave me time to think of believable excuses, none of which were really believable might I add. Perhaps I could say it was a second base? Agh that's stupid there were no computer remains nothing!

I flew over the old wreckage that the 'Cons had struck. It really did look like a giant rock, there is no way I could've said it was their second base. There was nothing inside.

I am so in for it.

Maybe if I just stay with the Autobots I'll be safe. Ugh! Am I listening to myself?! I'm not a coward! I can't ask for them to protect me like I'm a sparkling!

What am I gonna do?

Before I could keep thinking, a giant purple blast hit me. I spun out of control and transformed mid-air before coming into contact with the rock hard ground.

"Ughhh. . . " I groaned. My vision refocused and I could make out my worst nightmare.

Megatron.

He was here.

He transformed in front of me. "Nightstar! You LIED to me!! Your Lord and Master! And for that you will pay dearly!" He yelled at me.

I squirmed and started scrawling away from him, crawling on my servos and knees. My wing was damaged.

He grabbed my ankle and pulled me back towards him.

"Running away will only make it worse for yourself!!!" He yelled to my face, holding me up by my throat with one servo, both off my servos scratching at his to let me go.

"Sound wave. A bride." He spoke to his comm.

He walked through while dragging me behind. I am so dead.

---------

I was dragged through the halls by my wing.

Which killed! By the way.

We came to a stop, somewhere in the lower back half of the ship. Where we torture prisoners.

He threw me into the cell and slammed the door shut.

I scurried to the back corner tending to my wing. No serious damage, but man that hurt!

"You shall stay in here until I see a fitting punishment for you." He said coldly. I didn't say anything back.

He scoffed and walked out of the room.

When he was gone I broke down crying. I also needed energon. I can't remember the last time I had even a sip of energon!

I slept the night there. Well not really slept. I couldn't sleep, the ground was hard and cold. I didn't get any sleep.

Suddenly the doors opened. I was terrified. But to my luck my two best friends walked in.

"Nightstar! By the AllSpark! Are you ok?" Starscream quietly shouted. "Y-yeh, I'm o-ok." I weakly smiled. "Here take this!" Knockout rapidly said while shoving an energon cube through the bars.

I rushed towards it gulping the energon down. "Thank you." I said gratefully. They both smiled at me.

We spoke for a while and I explained everything to them.

"You lied to Megatron?!" Knockout said, disbelief in his voice. I nodded.

They both put their servo on my shoulder trying to comfort me. I smiled hopefully up to them. Best friends ever!

"We'll see if we can do anything to help you." Knockout said. "Thanks guys, but my fate is probably already sealed. Don't do anything that'll put your own spark at risk." I said.

"You're our friend. We'll do anything for you." Starscream said. Knockout nodded. I smiled at them and hugged them both through the bars.

They left and once again I was alone in the cold room.

General Narration

Starscream and Knockout left the torture room.

"We have to do something!" Starscream said to the doctor. "I know. Perhaps we could convince Lord Megatron she has worth. And will be useful to him." Knockout proposed.

"Perhaps, we can't let him kill her. We just, can't." Starscream said. "I know Starscream. I know." Knockout said sadly.