5. Closer

General Narration

The Autobots had been on many missions since Skyfrost's arrival, though when Skyfrost was given the opportunity to go on a mission, they were simple energon hunting missions, where she didn't get to see her old friends.

Optimus hesitated to send her out on real missions where they came face to face with the Decepticons because she was a 'rookie'. Or so she is in the story that she gave them.

Though her stay with the Autobots hasn't been entirely boring and useless. She has made new friendships and has grown quite fond of a certain 'Bot. But when she returned to her berthroom at night it slightly broke her spark when reality kicked back in and she realised that she was a 'Con and that this was all one, big, charade.

Skyfrost's POV
I had spent a bit of time in my berthroom alone. And decided it was finally time to come out before anyone got suspicious. I walked out into the main room, only to find every 'Bot in there.

"Frost you're awake!" Bulkhead called out announcing my arrival to everyone. "Skyfrost, you are to go with Smokescreen to search for energon." Optimus commanded. 'Yes, yes the usual, HOW could I forget?!'

I walked towards Smoke with a smile on my faceplate and we both walked through the ground bridge.

"Hey Sky?" Smoke asked.

"Yeh Smoke?"

"There isn't exactly an energon mine in front of us, and we're just searching for any random mines with this detector." He explained.

"Yeh. . .?" I said, wondering where he was going with this.

"So, you know I was just thinking we could use this time away from the others to get to know each other more. I mean- if you want to of course!" He said, seeming to instantly regret saying it.

I couldn't help but smile at him, I liked Smokescreen. "Of course." I said simply.

After hours of searching with the detector and small chit-chat and checking in with Optimus to assure him we were fine. We decided to sit at the top of the cliff and speak some more.

We reached the top and I sat down, Smoke sat next to me.

"Sooo, random question. You got any siblings?" He asked. "Oh um sorta." I replied back, my spark aching at the current topic. Smoke noticed. "Oh Sky! I'm sorry I-" "No. It's ok, you couldn't have known it's ok." I reassured him. "I had an older brother, Nightblade. He was the best." I described my brother to him for a while, and he listened to every word.

"But. . . he used to tell me he was doing good and fighting for Cybertron. And one day. . . the bond i shared with my brother. . . it just, shattered. I lost the bond and I knew what that meant." I explained, fluid filled my optics, I couldn't help it.

Starting off slowly, but getting faster, the fluid ran down my faceplate.

I felt an arm wrap around me. I tensed up, not familiar with the current type of contact.

But as Smoke's arm lingered on my shoulder, the contact felt more and more securing and protective. I leaned into him. Resting my helm on his chassis.

My tears slowed down as I leant into Smokescreen. I don't know how long we sat up there, but the silence was comfortable.

After Smokscreen felt me calm down, he spoke again. "I had siblings." He said. "Really?" I asked. "Yeh, two brothers. Bluestreak and Prowl. I'm not sure where they are or if they're even online." He said quietly. "I'm sorry." I said sympathetically. He hugged me tighter.