7. Rescue Mission

Smokescreens POV
Location: Nemesis
'Ok, it's been a good three days on the ship, the others are looking for me. They. . . Just can't get my signal. Sky's looking for me. She is.'

I've been prodded and tortured the three days I've spent in this hellhole. Megatron wants the location of the Autobot base, but there is no way I am ever gonna tell him! I will gladly sacrifice myself in order to protect the location of the base and the others. . . though. . . I would rather not have it come to that, of course.

The one thing I'm genuinely scared of is the cortical psychic patch. If I can't conceal the location of the base once Megatron's entered my mind, all will be lost. I just hope the others will find me before the 'Cons resort to that.

Skyfrost's POV

Location: Autobot Base

I'm scared to no end. It's been three days. THREE. EARTH. DAYS!! And still, no sign of Smokescreen. And to make things better, there's been zero Decepticon activity, which makes me believe that Megatron must be very busy with Smokescreen, too busy to order out troops to scope out energon mines. He could be hurt. . . or worse. No! I can't think like that! Ugh, I need a flight.

I head towards the main room to leave through the tunnel. Optimus is, as usual, at those computers. He better be searching for Smokescreen's signal right now, cause I can't think of anything more important that that Prime could be doing right now.

"Optimus, I'm going out for a flight, I need to clear my processor." I said flatly, while walking towards the exit. "Very well, please contact me if you encounter any trouble." he replied. 'Pssh Yeh! Cause we've encountered SOO much trouble over the past three days!' I thought to myself.

I finally got outside and didn't hesitate to transform and take off to the skies. Ahh that lovely, welcoming breeze that hit my wings as I soared through the clouds. If there's one thing I can praise this giant rock about, it's its' beautiful skies. I flew higher into the clouds.

Though, these relaxing moments I spent in the air only reminded me of the ones I spent on the ground. . . with Smoke. I needed to find him. And I will.

Looks like Primus was watching over me.

'beep beep. . . beep beep' emitted from my control panel. I slowed down, still flying. "WAIT!?. . .That- that's Smoke's signal!! Hah. . .I- I've got it!!" I exclaimed as I contacted base. "OPTIMUS!!" I yelled through the com-link, I don't care how loud I am, I have Smoke's signal! "Yes, Skyfrost?" he replied back calmly. "I have Smokescreens signal!! I believe he's on board the Nemesis. But. The Nemesis is high in the skies, that's why I located the signal because I'm in the sky and closer to him. I can board the Nemesis and then you can groundbridge to my signal." I rapidly spat the words out. "I understand. Skyfrost please try to avoid engaging in battle with any Decepticons." He ordered. "Understood." I said, before cutting the link. Heck! I will do what I have to in order to save Smokescreen. That includes engaging with 'Cons, sorry Optimus.

I transformed back to my bipedal mode on the all too familiar landing deck. I seriously cannot be spotted by anyone! Especially, Knockout and Starscream. Get in. Get out. The others could be here any second, once Prime gathers them and explains the plan. And what do you know? A groundbridge opened behind me, with each 'Bot running out.

"Frost! What're you doing? You're meant to be hiding!" Arcee scolded. "Um, excuse me, but the last time I checked, I can take care of myself!" I quietly screamed at her, Primus she was ticking me off. She just glared at me before Optimus motioned for her to stop. "Do you have any clue where Smokescreen is located?" He asked me. I do, considering I was an ex-Con and know where we take 'Bots for torturing. BUT, he obviously can't know that. "No Optimus, sorry." I answered. He nodded at me and gave directions for each of us to take.

"Bumblebee and Arcee take the right wing of the ship. Bulkhead and Skyfrost search the left wing, I will continue on forward." He commanded. We all split off. 'YES Go me. The left wing is where I needed to go to find Smokescreen.' I cheered inside. 'Don't worry Smoke, I'm coming.'

Heaps of twists ad turns later, and Bulkhead questioning me 'How do you know it's this way?' and me answering 'I don't know! It just looks safe, and besides I think I saw two vehicons walking down the other way.', we finally made it to the lab. The doors opened, sensing mine and Bulkheads presence.

I immediately took cover, Knockout cannot see me! Luckily, he's not in there. Who is in there? Smokescreen. Hurt. Badly. I ran to him, Bulkhead covering the door.

"By the AllSpark, Smokescreen are you ok? What did they do to you? Smoke? Speak to me!" I rapidly say trying to get him to regain consciousness. His optics slowly open. His optics meet mine and a small, weak smile formed on both our faceplates. ". . .Sky. . . " He says, barley a whisper.

I lift Smoke off the medical berth and sling one of his arms over my shoulder. We head for the door and Bulkhead.

"Woah, Is he ok?" Bulkhead asked, cannons at the ready. "He'll make it, he just needs an Autobot base and a 'Bot named Ratchet," I explained, wanting to get of this ship before we were spotted.

Bulkhead messaged the others through the com-link that we'd rescued Smokescreen and to meet back at the flight deck. Once most of us reached the flight deck we were only waiting on Bee and Arcee.

We finally saw them running up shouting at us, "Run!! Megatron, Knockout and others behind!" Arcee yelled at us motioning for us to get the frag of this ship. Optimus immediately commed Ratchet for a bridge, shortly after, it came. But it was too late. Megatron and his followers were there.

"Go, I'll stall em'" I stated, handing Smoke to Bulk. "Frost, wait! Are you out of your processor?!" Arcee called out. Optimus spoke to Ratchet. "Keep the bridge open, we need to help Skyfrost and then we shall return." He cut the link. "Autobots, engage!" He yelled before transforming his servos into a blade and cannon. Smoke was set next to the bridge, while Bulkhead ran into battle.

I found myself fighting side by side the Prime. "Optimus! Get the others out of here! I can handle this!" I commanded, never thinking I'd find myself ordering a Prime to do something. "We shall help you until the battle has ended, no Autobot left behind." He simply said. There was no point in arguing, I continued fighting.

After enough vehicons had been offlined, Optimus ordered everyone back. Bulk grabbed Smoke and ran through the portal first, then Bee and Arcee. Optimus waited for me. "Go! I'm right behind you!" I yelled out, he listened to me and ran through, I sorta wish he didn't listen.

Before I could join my Autobot compatriots, a cold metal hand grabbed my shoulder and pulled me back as I was about to jump into the groundbridge. The bridge closed. Oh great.

"I believe it is time you spend some time with your Decepticon allies now, Nightstar." Megatron said deviously. "But My Liege, they- they might suspect something. I should probably get back to them." I stuttered. "Oh no, they will simply believe that I have now captured you and you were unable to escape to the groundbridge, dear Nightstar." He said as he turned and walked away. 'Well, guess I'm stuck here until I give him some information about the 'Bots. . . What do I tell him?!. . . Oh scrap, I'm in for it this time.'