11. Problems

Skyfrost's POV

There was some Deception activity going on. So Optimus had ordered Smokscreen Arcee and myself to check it out.

Once we arrived we found no other than Airachnid, Starscream and Knockout.

"Airachnid!" Arcee called out, she really loathed that 'Con! Can't really blame her, I hate her myself too.

"Arcee, how lovely to see you once again. How's the pet? Jack?" She asked deviously with a smirk. Arcee just grit her denta and readied herself for battle.

"Arcee, Airachnid. I'll take Screamer Sky get Knockout." Smoke ordered. I nodded at him and ran towards my automobile enthusiast friend.

He transformed his servo into his saw, I grabbed my blade from my back and we clashed.

"How you been Night?" He asked quietly. "Yeh not too bad, got a little lost in the Antarctic, but other than that, pretty good." I whispered back. He just laughed.

"The big M wants you at the Nemesis tonight." Knockout explained. "What? So he can pound the scrap outta me again?!" I asked, annoyed. "No. He wants the location of the Autobot base. . . So he can destroy it. So make sure you're OUT of it when he does so." Knockout said.

My spark started pounding faster. What was I gonna do?! I can't let Megatron blow up my sparkmate! What am I gonna do?!

"O-ok. I'll be there." I replied back. "Great." He said before jumping to the side, making me fall forward.

He transformed into his alternate mode and drove off.

I just stared, unable to comprehend what Knockout just told me. Giving Megatron the coordinates of the base is literally handing him my sparkmates spark.

"Frost! What're you doing get him!" Arcee yelled at me trying to hold back Airachnid. "Y-yeh. . . " I stuttered as I transformed and gave chase to Knockout.

He'd gotten quite far since I was staring into nothingness. But I managed to catch up to him.

"What took you so long?!" Knockout called out. "Um, nothing." I replied back basically speechless.

He transformed and stopped, as did I. "What's wrong?" He asked me. "I-I I guess I've just been away from the Nemesis and my friends for a longtime. That's all." I said making up an excuse.

"Well! Not to worry. It's almost over. And your plan will be of great use in the long run. Just think, we are literally hours away from exterminating all the Autobots!" Knockout cheered.

I forced a fake smile. "Drive back to the others, I'll chase behind." I explained quietly. He nodded and drove off.

I started driving after him. We finally reached the others. There was an energon trail. I followed it with my optics and it lead me to Airachnid. She'd lost one of her spider-like arms. 'Hah, nice one Arcee!' I thought to myself. What? I don't like her. I don't think anyone does.

"Airachnid! Knockout! Retreat!" Starscream yelled out holding his left arm.

Knockout saluted to me before running into the whirring portal behind Starscream.

"We'll meet again Arcee! Next time I promise I'll rip your spark out!" She threatened, then ran into the groundbridge. Leaving a trail of energon.

"Is everyone ok?" Smokescreen asked. "Yeh." Arcee responded.

Smoke looked at me. "Sky? You good?" He asked me. I snapped back into reality. "Y-yeh I'm good." I said forcing a smile to my faceplate.

Arcee looked at me angrily and took a step forward. "What's wrong with you Frost?!" She spat. "What?" I said innocently. "You completely blanked out before! You let Knockout get away. You could've gotten him!" She accused.

Smokescreen stepped between us, facing Arcee. "Arcee that's enough." He demanded. She glared at Smokescreen before turning around and comming Ratchet for a bridge.

Smoke turned to me. He placed a servo on my shoulder. I looked up at him sadly. "Hey, it's ok. We all have our good days and bad days." He said before softly kissing my helm. I smiled warmly at him.

We all walked through the portal and explained the missions outcome to the others. And of course Arcee had to mention my failure today.

Arcee got fixed up by Ratchet and the others kept talking to their human allies while Prime occupied himself with the computers. I headed to my berthroom.

I slumped onto my berth. What do I do.

Suddenly I heard a knock on my door. I straightened myself up and answered. Smokescreen was outside.

"Hey Smoke." I greeted. "Hey Sky. May I come in?" He asked ever so formally. I smiled and nodded, stepping aside to allow him to enter.

He sat on my berth and I sat next to him. I looked at the ground sadly.

He placed a servo under my chin and gently made me look at him. "Hey, what's wrong? I know something's up." He said smiling gently. "Nothing really. I messed up today." I explained. "I know. That's why I'm asking if you're ok." He continued. "Yeh I'm just getting tired." I whispered and leant my helm onto his shoulder. He wrapped an arm around me. "Ok then. Well if that's all I'll let you get some recharge." He said before gently planting his lips on mine. I smiled, hiding regret in it.

He got up and headed for the door. "Goodnight sweetspark." He said. "Night Smoke." I replied back and with that he shut the door.

I broke down crying. I can't. I can't do it. I can't kill him!! I need to figure something out.

I got rid of my tears and headed for my desk and data pads. I sat down and read some books on Jaspers landscape and outdoors. I also did some internal research on my computers.

I was looking for an abandoned warehouse or army base camp, anything that could be the 'Autobot base'. A substitute.

Finally!

A mountain like canyon, much like the one the base was currently located in. Big enough to look like the base. No human use, so no casualties. Perfect. Let's get coordinates. Done.

By the time if found the perfect place it was late. Everyone was recharging so I headed out of the base and set course for the Nemesis.

I was going to be in so much trouble once Megatron finds out what he blew up was a giant rock.

But it's for my sparkmate.

It's for Smokescreen.