21. Reunions

Skyfrost's POV

I waited patiently by my brothers side awaiting his return to the conscious world. His spark beat was not strong but was steady if anything. I never lost hope in my brother despite Ratchets occasional informing that my brother may not make it. I ignored him completely not allowing myself to believe his cold words.

Every quiet second that passed killed me, every passing minute, no improvement in my brothers state. I refused to leave Nightblades side, thus, having zero quality time with Smokescreen. I didn't want things to be this way, I loved Smokescreen, but he wasn't the one lying on a berth unconscious. We'd become more and more distant with each day. I tried to bring myself to spend at least an Earth hour with my mate but I couldn't, the thought of Nightblade being snatched out of my grasp kept haunting my processor every time I considered leaving him for even a moment.

I hadn't been getting the required recharge one would need and I had hardly eaten. The emotions Smokescreen unintentionally sent through the bond made me want to be with him even more at the moment but too many things were preventing me from doing so. I could feel Smokescreen getting irritated with the little affection I displayed towards him.

So much was on my processor at the moment, my brothers life, my sparkmates feelings, my own health. After a few more hours of waiting in silence next to my brother I couldn't take any more. . . A little nap couldn't hurt, could it? Before I could realise it, I had drifted off into a deep recharge on the side of the med berth, resting my helm near Nightblades chest.

Smokescreens POV

I sat at my desk in my berthroom. I was reading a datapad, trying to pass the time. Cause my sparkmate won't spend time with me.

Ugh! That's horrible! I'm a horrible mech! Her brother, who she hasn't seen in cycles, is unconsciousness! I can't expect her to drop everything just cause I want some attention.

I decided I needed to refuel, so I exited my room and headed towards the energon storage. On my way my optics lay sight on the most beautiful femme I've ever seen.

I saw Nightstar sleeping, resting her head on the medberth next to her brothers unconscious body. I smiled lightly and walked up to her. She hadn't slept in days. I carefully picked her up and headed to her berthroom.

Once I reached her berth I laid her down and she rolled out of my arms and onto the berth, still sound asleep. She curled up and made soft snoring noises that made me smile.

I left her and returned to retrieving an energon cube. I drank the cube in a matter of klicks and returned to my berthroom.

I want Nightblade to awaken. I want Nightstar to return to her happy self. I hate seeing her like this. It kills me. Knowing that I can't help my own sparkmate.

I laid back on my berth and shuttered my optics hoping I could get some recharge before the next day started.

(Next day)

"Smokescreen! Up and at em!" Bulkhead called into my room. Startled by his voice I jumped up and fell off my berth.

"Ugh bulk? What is it?" I groaned, still half asleep. "Night blades showing signs of consciousness. We needa help Ratchet in case he spazzes out. Don't wake Nightstar, we don't wanna get her hopes up in case it's nothing." He explained. I nodded in understanding and went to help the others with my sparkmates brother.

He was thrashing about under Arcee and Bumblebees grasp. "Wh-where's my sister?!" He babbled. I ran up to the others and helped Arcee and Bee while Optimus helped Ratchet with the energon schematics and spark pulses.

"Calm down! She's fine." I tried to calm him down. No use.

"Hold him down! I need to take an energon sample!!" Ratchet yelled over the madness.

"We're tryin Rach!!" Bulkhead shouted back. Nightblades thrashing and his unwillingness to cooperate made this extremely difficult.

Ratchet finally managed to get an energon sample and examined it as quickly as he could. Trying to see if he was having any reactions due to any of the drugs he may have been injected with whilst over in the nemesis. 

"IF YOU DON'T STAY STILL YOU'LL NEVER SEE NIGHTSTAR AGAIN!!!!" Arcee screamed at his faceplate. As soon as the words left her mouth, Nightblade froze and shrunk back into the berth, not wanting to shrink his chances of seeing his beloved sister.

"That's what I thought." Arcee spat. "Look, I just want to see my sister." He pleaded. I wanted to wake her up now just so they could be reunited, but not until boss says so.

"Just a few more tests and she's all yours." Ratchet said. I clenched my fists hearing his words. 'All yours..' She may be your sister but she's my sparkmate. And not even you will get in between our relationship.

Ratchet was done with his tests and nodded at me to get Nightstar. I turned on my heels and stomped all the way to her berthroom.

"I wanna see my sister!! Lemme see my sister!!" I whined in a baby voice, trying to imitate Nightblade. I knocked on her door and it opened a while after, revealing a tired Nightstar, probably just woke up.

"Hey beautiful spark." I greeted bending down and kissing her lip plates gently. She kissed back and wrapped her arm around my neck. She pulled back and rested her helm on my chassis. "Hey.." She said quietly, barley a whisper.

"Your um. . . Your brothers awake." I said. She jumped up, her optics bright as ever. "REALLY?!" She gasped. I nodded as she jumped up and down and hugged me, tightly.

She pulled back and gabbed my servo as she ran to the main hub, dragging me behind her. I couldn't help but smile at her. I missed seeing her like this.

She stared at her brother in awe. Speechless. "Nightblade. . . " she whispered. He smiled and jumped off the med berth and ran up to embrace her.

"I've missed you."

"I've missed you to."