Ch. 23

Monday morning. I hate Mondays and I am not looking forward to health class at all. I had several missed calls from Julian. This asshole was making it real hard for me to forget about him.

I was sitting with Steven, Tiffany and the rest of the girls during history. I didn't hear much of what they were talking about. All I could think was how I'm supposed to face Julian later.

"You all right, Cat?" Asked Steven.

"Huh? Oh, yeah I'm fine." I wasn't very convincing.

"You sure?" Said Tiffany. "Because you look kinda tired..."

I was well aware of my appearance. I spent most of the night drinking and crying. I didn't get a wink of sleep. I tried my best covering up my face with make-up but I guess it didn't work out too well.

"I said I'm fine."

They could tell something up.

"Okay, but if you ever want to talk we're here for you." Said Tiffany.

"Do you mind if I have lunch with you guys today?" I asked.

"We don't mind at all." Steven sounded concern.

Classes were going by faster than usual. I was already sitting in 3rd period and my next class was health. Our teacher for wind ensemble seemed distracted. He was in his office and told the class to practice. Most of the students were working on their homework though. I was sitting with Jake and Fab. Jake was talking about how he hooked up with Tiffany at the party and Fab talked about how he hooked up with some girl named Christina. Then Jake got up to go to the bathroom.

"So... Cat." His tone was gentle. FUCK. I know exactly where this is going. "How's everything? You doing all right?"

"Well what the hell do you think?"

He gave a sympathetic smile. "I'm sorry, Cat, I know it hurts now but-"

"Look, Fab, I appreciate this whole pity talk right now but I really don't want to get into it. Just let me be sad for a bit before you start trying to make me feel better."

"Sorry... But just so you know Julian feels awful about what he did. He's been in a real bad place since the incident and-"

"Fab, what did I just say?! I don't want to talk about it and I sure as hell don't want to hear about Julian. It's his fault anyways. So I don't feel bad. Let him feel like shit."

I felt bad after snapping at him. He looked a little sad after I yelled.

I sighed and gave a half ass smile. I softened my tone. "Sorry, I didn't mean to lash out on you like that. I didn't get any sleep last night and the whole situation has got me all fucked up. But thank you for trying to talk to me. I really do appreciate it." I hugged him.

He hugged back. "It's all right, Cat. I just hope we can all still be friends after this."

I didn't say anything after that. I don't know if that'll be possible. I mean I love Nick, Fab and Nikolai but they're Julian's friends. And I do not want anything to do with him anymore. As much as I would still want to hang out with them it won't be possible. I mean Julian is always going to be around where ever they are.

Jake came back.

"Hey, so I was thinking when you and the guys come over after school today we could go to the bar after you guys are done practicing. I love having this fake ID."

Fab was confused but before he could say anything I quickly shot him a look to let him know not to mention anything to Jake. Fab understood.

"Uhhhh, yeah... Sure... Maybe... I don't know, man." Fab said in an unconvincing manner.