Ch. 42

Julian and I spent most of the day shopping for our road trip tomorrow buying snacks and other shit we thought we could use. Afterwards we went back to his house even though I was excited for the trip I still thought about Steven. I noticed Julian was in an extra good mood today so I figured I'll try asking him once more.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and lightly pecked his lips. He enjoyed that to say the least.

"So... I was thinking... That, you know, maybe after the road trip you'll think about letting me help out Steven with his movie...?"

His demeanor instantly changed and he grabbed my arms and placed them back down to my sides.

"Really? You're going to bring this up again after I told you no."

"It would really-"

"I already said no and that's final!"

"But why not?!"

"Why not? Because I don't trust Steven around you! In fact, seeing how desperately you want to spend time with him I'm starting to think I can't trust you around him!"

HE DID NOT JUST FUCKING SAY THAT...

I laughed sarcastically, "Are you serious?! Don't you dare get me started, Julian! I think we both know who the more faithful one is in this relationship."

He was turning a shade of red and his body was getting tense. I knew I hit a sore subject when I insinuated him being a cheater. I've never seen this side of him before.

"DO NOT THROW THAT IN MY FACE!" He slammed a fist against the counter. The noise startled me and I jumped. "We've moved passed that and I have apologized so much. I am NOT a cheater! Don't ever call me that!"

"I didn't call you a-"

"We weren't even together when that happened! Hell, I could've fucked anyone as many times as I wanted and it wouldn't have mattered because you weren't my girlfriend. You were nothing to me."

It literally felt like he reached into my chest pulled out my heart and stomped on it. I couldn't even look him in the eye, "I was nothing?" I repeated softly.

I looked back at him and could tell he regretted what he said but it was too late. It was already out there.

He softened up, "Kitty Cat..."

I backed away with every step he took towards me.

I felt my eyes watering, "Fuck you, I'm going home."

I sprinted for the front door. I heard him follow me.

"Wait! Don't go. Let's just talk about this." He grabbed my hand.

I turned around and pushed him away, "DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ME." I growled, my voice was deep. My eyes pierced through him.

He had the saddest puppy dog expression I have ever seen.

I slammed his front door hard and drove home. When I parked my car next to the curb in front of my home I broke down. I cried and yelled to myself. Nothing? We were nothing? So all those deep conversations, late night talks and drunken interactions were nothing to him! How could he say that? Those moments meant the world to me.

My phone started to ring. If Julian really thinks I'm going to pick up he must be crazy but it wasn't him calling, it was Steven.

I composed myself as much as possible.

"Hello?" My voice trembled a bit.

"Everything okay?" He replied.

"Yeah, just a little tired that's all. What's up?"