Chapter 9

Andy's POV
--------------------
I walked up to the front door of my house. There was another car in the driveway, I was guessing it was either Jackie or Cristina's. I knocked three times and stepped back and waited until someone opened the door. I had taken the first flight to LA to apologize to Cath.

The door finally opened. It was Cath. She was smiling until she saw me, then her smile faded. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to talk. Cath, please, I have to talk with you."

She looked back and I saw Cristina getting some suitcases ready. "We're kind of about to leave." Cath said.

"Please, please hear me out. I'm begging you."

"Don't you get it. She doesn't want to talk to you." Cristina said.

"But I want to tell you what really happened before anyone else does. Please?" I pleaded.

"I don't have a lot of time." Cath said.

"That's okay. I'll drive you to the airport and we can talk on the way there." I suggested.

"Drive me to the airport? You're not gonna try to stop me?" Cath asked.

You will leave after I tell you this anyways, why bother?

"No. I think you should go. You should take this opportunity." I said.

"I'll take the kids in my car so you guys can talk alone." Cristina said.

Cath hesitantly said, "Okay. Thank you."

I silently helped them get everything into the cars. Then Beth came out of the house.

"Daddy?! What are you doing here!" She ran up to me and I picked her up.

"Oh, Beth, I'm going to miss you so so so so much!" I kissed her cheek and she gave me a confused look.

"You're not coming with us?" She asked.

"No... No sweetheart I'm not. But I will see you..." I tickled her tummy and she giggled, "when you guys get back. I will be waiting here."

"Okay."

Cristina called her over and she ran into Cristina's car. Cath carried Jayden to Cristina's car too and I walked up to her. I kissed Jayden's forehead. "I'll miss you too buddy." She buckled him into the car seat and closed the door. Cristina drove off and Cath and I got into my car.

"So are you going alone?" I asked her while driving.

"No, Cristina was also offered a job over there."

"Oh."

There was a long moment of silence before I spoke up again. "So... About the pictures. I want you to know that I want to be completely honest with you and I will understand if you get mad or hate me but please let me tell you the whole story." I said.

"Okay."

"Okay," I took a deep breath before continuing, knowing Cath would possibly hate me after this. "So, the night the pictures where taken, the night you called, there was a big party at one of the band's tour bus. There was a lot of alcohol. And I mean a lot. I drank, maybe a little more than I should've. I decided to go outside for a smoke and when I did, I bumped into Juliet. We talked and when I finished my cigarette she invited me over to her tour bus to talk. We were both very very drunk..." I didn't have the courage to keep going, I couldn't tell Cath.

"So you two slept together. Yea... I've heard that one before from you. Except I was the one you slept with last time."

"Cath... Please let me fini--"

"No. There's no need. I know how the rest of the story goes. After you two had sex I called, she knew it was me, hung up and well here we are now! You know what... I was so stupid to give you the benefit of the doubt when deep down I knew this was true. I knew this is what had happened!" She yelled.

I turned away from the road to look at her. "Cath, please! It didn't mean anything!" I looked back at the road.

"That's what they all say. You know what?! I'm glad I'm going to Germany. I'm glad I made the decision to go even though I thought staying for you was the right thing! Because I would've stayed home living with a cheater!" She was crying now and I looked at her.

"No, Cath please don't cry..."

"No, you know what I always thought I wasn't enough. I had doubts about how one woman wasn't enough for a rock star. And I was right. I can't seem to make you stay! I don't know what it is... Maybe I'm Im not good enough for you... Maybe you're looking for something, someone, more. But there's always something more important than me. Better."

My vision went blurry because of the tears forming in my eyes. "No... Don't you say that. It was a stupid mistake. I love you and you are more than good enough. All I want is you. And only you. I didn't mean for that to happen..." I tried to touch her cheek but she jerked back.

"Don't. Touch. Me."

"Cath please try to understand--"

"Understand what?! If you really loved me you wouldn't have done that! There's no fucken excuse Andy!"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." Tears rolled down my eyes as I kept repeating those two words over and over and over while Cath kept talking.

"No. You're not."

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry!" I said facing Cath.

"If you truly--" Cath's eyes grew wide and I saw a bright light. "ANDY!" Then there was an impact.

Everything happened so fast, everything went dark.

Like I have said before;

Since we were little we were told to always be safe. We try our best but its not always good enough. We buckle our seatbelts, we wear a helmet, we stick to the lighted paths. We try to be safe. We try so hard to protect ourselves but it doesn't make a damn bit of a difference cause when the bad things come, they come out of nowhere. The bad things come suddenly and with no warning. And unlike the time before... There might not be a good happy ending this time...
------------------------------------------------------

*makes popcorn and waits for all the caring "death threats" to come back*

I think I will leave it at that for a couple more days just to build suspense.

Hope you guys liked it!

Comment Vote and Share!