Chapter 26

Authors Note
------------------
Boi I haven't updated since like April oh my god I'm sorry !!!! Okay so ya know, I know this isn't a "preference" type of story but I would REAAAALLLYYY appreciate some requests or suggestions and I know I would probably have to like go back and reread the last chapter if I was in your place 😅 but yes please leave feedback and requests bc you guys are creative as heck.

Without further ado, chapter 26.....

Cath's POV
----------------
"And then Vic threw a guitar pic at the crowd--"

"Did you catch it?" Jackie interrupted Mat.

"Uh, no, actually the girl next to me did."

I took my eyes away from the road and looked at Jackie for a second, giving her a puzzled look. "So, Mat, what do you do for a living?"

"I'm a math teacher at Crescenta Valley Highschool."

Jackie looked at me and raised her eyebrows, "huh, handsome, smart, and good with kids!?"

"Jackie!"

Mat chuckled, "No, it's okay. Thanks?"

I turned the radio on to some station playing Motley Crue and we were quite the rest of the five minutes to the house.

We entered the house in one trip, the extra man power came in handy; Mat helped us bring in all the groceries.

"Honey I'm hooomme!" Jackie yelled as she carried the boxes of beer inside.

CC approached her and took two boxes from her arms, "Ah, my kind of woman."

Andy looked up from the table and walked over to me. "Who's this?"

"Oh! Guys, this is Mat--Mat, Black Veil Brides... and others."

Everyone waved but Mat just stayed still, like a deer in headlights.

After a few moments he spoke, "Y-Yea I know who they are..." He cleared his throat and seemed to snap out of it. "Sorry, uh, I'm a big fan, huge fan."

"Wow, well thanks, come join us!" Jinxx stood up from his seat and signaled Mat to go into the living room.

Crying suddenly came through the baby monitor. "Oh, that's Jayden. I'll be right back guys." I went up the stairs and headed towards the end of the hall into the nursery. Andy followed behind.

"Look who's finally awake! Aww come here handsome," I picked up Jayden from the crib and laid his head on my shoulder, the crying stopping immediately.

"Who the hell is that?" Andy asked in a harsh voice.

"It's Mat." I said kind of confused.

"Yes, I know that now but why?"

"Well I ran into him at the store, literally, and he was sweet and mentioned he was a fan and I was feeling nice so I asked him if he would like to come over."

"So is that what we do know? Pick up strangers at the grocery store and bring them into our house?!" His voice and anger were escalating.

"Lower your voice. No, I honestly don't know why I did it he just seems like a nice guy. The more the merrier, right?"

"Right." Andy scoffed and walked away.

I looked at Jayden's big blue eyes and brushed some hair out of his face. "Somebody's grumpy huh?"
~~~~
Andy's POV
----------------
I walked down the stairs and into the living room where the guys were at. Oh, and Mat.

"Hey, Andy, Mat was at our show in Pittsburg. Remember the guy in the pit who was going ham?! Well guess who that was!!!" Ashley honestly seemed legitimately impressed with this dude. I don't see why.

"I'm gonna go out for a smoke." I grabbed my pack and walked out the door, not waiting for a response.

I leaned against the side of the house, about to light the cigarette, when Cath came out with Jayden in a warm jacket in her arms, one of my jackets draped over her shoulders.

"You gotta stop smoking. Those things will kill you." She stayed a distance away.

I put away my lighter and dropped the cigarette. "I know." I was legitimately thinking about quitting, not only for my health but for the kids.

I approached Cath and took Jayden from her arms. She then held my jacket close with only her hands, covering her chest.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"I don't know. I mean, it seems like everywhere I turn there's someone there, threatening to take you away."

Cath sighed. "Nobody is taking me away from you. I swear." She stood on her toes and gave me a quick peck.

"Hmm, I don't think you should see this Jayden." I jokingly hovered my hands in front of Jayden's eyes and Cath chuckled. She wrapped an arm around my neck, and kissed me.

"Okay, I'll quit." I said.

"Good. And I'll stop bringing strangers from the grocery store." We both laughed and went inside.

------------------
Cath's POV
------------------
We went inside and everyone was in deep conversation.

Andy put a hand on my lower back and we walked to where the rest of the people were.

"Oh, Cath! I just wanted to say thank you so much! I'm having a blast!" Mat said.

CC turned to me, a smile on his face, clearly a bit tipsy, "I love this guy!" He pointed at Mat.

Mat stood up and walked over to me, he asked quietly, "Hey I know this might be pushing it, I just had to ask though, could I possibly make a call and invite my boyfriend over?"

Boyfriend.

"It's just, he's a huge fan too and his birthday is next week and I really didn't know what to get him but then this happened and I think this would be amazing and he would be so thrilled--"

"Of course!" Andy replied. "The more the merrier." He flashed a genuine smile at Mat.

Mat gave a quick 'Thank you' and excused himself to make the call outside.

"Oh my god, I am so so sorry, I promise I won't ever get jealous again, just please don't mention this, like, ever."

I laughed and kissed Andy again, "Deal."