Chapter 23: The Man In The Room

Luna gulped as the man in the cloak fell limp. Once limp, the chains protruding from his body were retracted. The man fell to the floor, his own black blood surrounding him in a pool of death.

"He's dead." Nightmare stated. He approached the dead body. Staring down at it, he growled in an insane, happy way. A wicked, bloodthirsty grin made its way on his face the more he stared at the dead body.

Nightmare bent down on one knee, dipping one finger in the blood. He licked the finger covered in blood and purred, "Just as I suspected." he slurred.

Silence filled the air after that. Nightmare looked up at Luna, making eye contact with the moon girl. Neither of them wanted to do anything. They didn't want to speak, move, even breath in Luna's case. A refreshing wind blew by, highlighting the eerie silence between them.

It wasn't until Nightmare stood up that the silence was broken. He spoke a few words to Luna in some kind of other language then smiled and took a step closer.

In fear, Luna took a step back, a small whimper escaping her lips. In her head, she knew she needed to get out of there but she didn't know how. Running would be futile, fighting would be useless and just about anything else would be ridiculous!

With nothing left to do or even think about, Luna stopped and faced Nightmare, giving it her best shot to keep a straight, nonchalant face as they stood face-to-stomach. (Nightmare's tall so yeah XD Tall people, hoorah!)

Nightmare reached a hand up and gently caressed the side of Luna's face, a soft, kind smile on his face, "Lulu," he said, laughing, "I found you!"

Luna cringed at the old nickname, "G-go away, Nightmare..." she softly demanded, telling herself to keep her emotions in, but her demand fell on deaf ears. Hearing this, Nightmare growled, anger now written all over his face ans gripped both sides of Luna's face.

He picked her up off the ground and threw her aside as easily as a normal person could throw a pebble.

Luna crashed into the wall, a yelp of pain escaping her lips. Bricks and now broken pieces fell off the wall, landing on and around Luna. A piece of rubble in particular was large enough to land on Luna's head, knocking her out instantly.

Nightmare stared at Luna, "Lulu...." he whispered softly. He walked to her, picking and tossing the rubble off her, making sure that she didn't get hurt in the process.

Tears stained his eyes as he picked Luna up, "Lulu..." he repeated, then a sad smile met his lips and he planted a small kiss on her forehead, "I found you, Lulu."

~.Serenia and Don Thousand.~

After many attempts of trying to open the door and Serenia yelling out random words and striking poses, the Barian God and Serenia gave up.

Currently they were sitting in the middle of the hallway, a few feet away from the door. Serenia was staring right at it, thinking of a way to open it while Don Thousand'd mind was else where.

"Donny," Serenia started, "How do you think we'll get that door open?" she asked, puzzled.

Don Thousand shrugged, "If I had my full power I could easily break through that door and disable whatever spell it on it."

"But you don't." Serenia pointed out rather obviously, "Eliphas, Astral, and Nana sealed your power away."

"Unfortunately, yes." Don Thousand replied. After a brief moment of silence, he looked back at Serenia with a questioned look, "Who's Nana?"

Serenia giggled, "Oh, silly, Donny-kun! That's Ena! 'Nana' is just her nickname!"

The Barian God rolled his eyes in annoyance, "Do not call me that."

"What? 'Nana'? Why would I? that's Ena's nickname!"

"No, I meant-" interrupted by a sharp, high-pitched squeal, the Barian God stopped mid sentence, turning to the door which the squeal came from.

The door was now glowing all kinds of colors, filling the hallway with a spectacular light show. As soon as it began, the light show stopped and the whole entire area was filled with darkness.

Serenia yelped at the sudden darkness and hugged Don Thousand's arm, not noticing his annoyed grunt at her sudden embrace.

The door slowly opened as though it was being pushed but no one was pushing it. Cautiously, Don Thousand and Serenia inched their way to the doorway, trying to make out a silhouetted figure in the now opened room.

Serenia tightened her grip on the Barian God's arm, "I-is someone there?" she called out, fearful of the dark surrounding her.

A groan escaped the room, making Serenia yelp again now full on hugging Don Thousand and not his arm.

"Why are you so scared?" Don Thousand whispered to her, annoyed.

"I don't like the dark..." She whispered back which earned an annoyed eye roll from the Barian God.

"Lu-luna..." said a voice from within the room. The voice was male, deep. He sounded hurt and weak.

Hearing this, Serenia had the urge to run to this man and help him. She always liked helping people but she was in the dark and the dark frightened her.

In her mind she debated over whether or not she should go in and help the man. She hoped that Don Thousand would move in so she wouldn't have to go in herself but as far as she knew, the Barian God was having none of it.

She gulped. Summoning what little courage she had, Serenia released Don Thousand and walked into the room quietly. Her soft and quiet footsteps echoed, highlighting the silence and darkness around her.

Finally, she was in the room. She could barely see but in the middle of the room was a man. His long hair was coveting his face which was facing downwards. The man was on his knees, his arms tied behind him to a wide wooden pole in the middle of the room.

"Hello?" Serenia called out, "Are you okay? Do you need help?" she stepped closer to the man, feeling her fear of darkness slip away as she kneeled down in front of the man.

The man groaned again, "Luna..."

Serenia bit her lip softly, "Do you know Luna? Me and my friend know where she is. We can take you to her."

The man coughed then wheezed, "Please... U-untie me first..." Serenia nodded and did what she was asked. As soon as the man was untied he tried standing up. Serenia helped him of course but even with her help, the man fell down to his knees once more.

"You poor thing... How did you end up like this?" Serenia asked gingerly, helping the man back up who stayed on his feet this time.

It was a while before the man replied. His voice was angry and full of malice, "The man in the cloak. He put me here. He's going to use her."

☆彡 ★彡 ☆彡 ★彡☆彡 ★彡 ☆彡 ★彡

Hallows! ^0^ I just wanted to ask a quick question for everyone who's reading.

How am I doing so far with everything that's happened in the story so far? Like is it ever confusing? Do I need to be more descriptive? Stuff like that! Comment down below and has fun! :D I'm open to any constructive criticism! ^^

As always thanks so much for reading, commenting and voting! :D Have a wonderful day!