Chapter 5: Be Wherever You Are

Rose was standing at the end of the hallway, waiting to attack at the right moment. She had nothing on her but her bag full of school supplies and books. Anything in her bag was useless in her upcoming fight against Shiro, so she slid it off and tossed it to the side.

"Rose! Get out of the way!" Vector's voice echoed, surprising the scarlet haired girl. Rose blinked and looked past Shiro to see Vector running after Shiro. What is that idiot doing?! She thought to herself.

She lost all her attention on Shiro, wondering what Vector was doing. At the last second, Rose realized that it was a terrible mistake.

Shiro was upon her and he sucker punched her in the stomach. Shiro's punch made Rose lose all her breath the moment his fist came in contact with her body.

Shiro grabbed her collar and slammed her against the wall. "You little twerp! You'll pay for getting me expelled from school!" he yelled in her in her face, spit flying everywhere.

"Let go of her!" Vector yelled as he tackled Shiro. The bully released Rose and tumbled to the side. He regained his balance and glared at Vector as he took Rose's hand and ran down the hallway with her.

"Get back here, you twerp! I'll get you back, just you wait!" Shiro roared and ran after them. Rose looked back and saw Shiro quickly catching up to them. Not good. She thought to herself. He's going to catch us, I have to stop him!

She wrenched her arm from Vector's grip and faced Shiro with a determined glare. I'm not going to let anyone get hurt! She charged towards Shiro and, at the last second, grabbed his arm and pinned it behind his back. "Give it up and leave!" She yelled at the bully.

Shiro smirked then reared his head back, hitting the back of his head to Rose's forehead with enough force to make her lose her grip and stumble back. He spun around then slammed his shoulder into Rose's stomach.

Rose once again lost her breath from Shiro's attack as she was knocked down from the impact, but she refused to give up. She got up and readied herself for another attack from her opponent. Shiro balled his fist up with a growl when he saw Rose get up. He cursed Rose out with colorful curse words that made any sailor shrink back. Inwardly, Rose was disgusted at the bully's words but her stony face revealed that she was not affected by it at all.

"Get away from him, Rose! He'll beat the crap out of you!" Vector yelled from behind Rose, but she paid no attention to him at all.

All she cared about was beating Shiro. It wasn't to protect Vector or the thought that she'd looked weak if she ran, no.

It was the thought that a person like this was around acting like he was some kind of king! Rose loathed those people with all her heart and swore that she'd teach every single one of them an ounce of humbleness.

All in all, the reason she didn't run was because she wanted to teach people like Shiro a lesson and get it over with before it caused anymore suffering for others. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. At that moment, Shiro ran forward, roaring with a battle cry.

Just as Shiro was about to attack Rose once again, a beam of energy blasted him from behind. Then everything went quiet. Rose opened her eyes and was surprised to see Shiro on the floor, spamming out on the floor.

Her brain was just processing what happened when Vector grabbed her yet again and dragged her down the hallway, turned right to another hallway, then down more turns until they were out of the building altogether where no one else was around.

The moment they stepped outside Vector turned on Rose with an angry glare "What were you trying to do back there?! You would have gotten seriously hurt, Rose!" he yelled fiercely with unknown rage.