Chapter 2: The New Girl

~Third Person's POV~

The girl in the hallway was on her knees, picking up her scattered textbooks and papers. Vector and Yuma ran to her, helping her pick her stuff up. They gave the girl her papers and textbooks when everything was picked off the ground. Yuma gave her a smile and gave her a warm hello while Vector gave her a puzzled look.

"Thanks so much, guys!" the girl said with a smile, placing all her stuff in her bag. The girl wore a student uniform for second year students at Heartland Academy. Her scarlet hair reached her waist with two long bangs framing her face that reached her chest. Some of her bangs covered her right eye, but often it was out of the way of her indigo-blue eyes.

"You're welcome. My name's Yuma and this is Rei." Yuma gestured to himself, then to Vector, who was staring at the girl dumbfoundedly. Yuma saw Vector's stare and elbowed him in the stomach, whispering to him about how rude it was to stare at others.

Vector shook his head, then held his hand out to the girl. "Hi. The name's Rei. What's yours?"

"It's Rose." The girl said, but it looked like she wasn't finished. She took a deep breath then continued "Rose Pua Nani Oh Ka Lani." Rose took Vector's hand and shook it.

It was then that something clicked. Something about her name seemed familiar and almost...special... But before the Barain could elaborate on that feeling, a vision took over.

Vector saw in his minds, thesame little girl with scarlet hair and a young boy with orange hair, his younger self in his past life. They were playing together in a room full of toys. The window to the room was open, letting in a nice breeze. The boy called to the girl and motioned her over. The girl dropped her toy and ran up to her friend.

"Yes?" the girl asked, swinging back and forth on the heels of her feet. The boy played around with something hidden behind him, then told his friend to close her eyes and to hold out her hands. She did as she was told, holding her hands out in front of her excitedly.

The boy then took out a wooden sword from behind him and laid it on the girl's hands. Feeling the weight of the wooden sword in her hands, the girl opened her eyes and gasped happily. She hugged the sword to her chest, then took a stance with the sword and swung it around like she knew what she was doing with it.

After a couple of swings, the girl laid the sword on the ground and tackled the boy the the ground with a hug. "Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!!"

The bell rang, signaling the end of class. Vector snapped out of his vision and shook his heads, trying to make sense of what just happened.

He looked at Rose and saw that she had the same confused expression he had on. Did she have a vision, too? Vector thought to himself. He was so focused on Rose and the vision that he didn't notice the look everyone in the hallway was giving him and Rose.

Everyone in the class and a couple of other students from other classes were surrounding Vector and Rose.

The students around gave the two one of those looks you get when you see two people who like with one another together, all except for Kilik, who was glaring at Vector. If anyone is going to hit on the new girl, it's gonna be me and not some lame orange head! Kilik thought to himself.

He growled then pushed all the students out of the way and took Rose's hand with a smile. "Hi, my name's Kilik. Do you need help getting to your next class?" he asked in a kind way that most gentlemen would talk in.

For a moment, Rose hesitated. She was staring at Vector at the moment, wondering why that vision suddenly popped up which meant that she too saw the same vision Vector just had. Speaking of Vector, he was doing the same, but after another a moment of silence, Rose looked to Kilik and gave him a smile.