Chapter 11

This would be the first and last time George Snr and George Jnr would meet. George walks into a room where a sleeping George Jnr was laying soundless almost peaceful.

"He's beautiful. I wish I could have one." George tears up as he pats Georges head. He couldn't pick him up as George would phase through him. George looks down at his watch.

"I only have two minutes left. I don't think I can come and see you guys again." George says worriedly.

"Please don't go!" Fred squeaks.

"I have too. Don't forget I'm always watching over you. I love you all" George says crying. Fred breaks down and hugs George for the last time. Hermione starts crying by the sight she is seeing. She hugs the twins and kisses them both.

"I love you George!" Hermione hears Fred whispers to George.

"I love you Fred!" George whispers back. With that George disappears. 
This was a night Fred would never forget. September 15th. The one fateful night Fred would start heavily drinking.

The next few nights Fred stayed strong but he would go to sleep crying. Hermione had to try and make both boys go to sleep sometimes. There were three things that would make Fred go to sleep: start drawing on his abs, playing with his hair and hugging him whilst singing to him. Most of the time George wouldn't stop crying unless he was sleeping next to both parents.

Hermione felt like a true family but she wanted the family feel even closer. She wanted Fred to propose to her. She wanted to get married so that what ever happens they can stay together. She knew though that wouldn't happen for a while seeing Fred like this. It would take him a while. She would ask him in the morning but right now she was trying to make them both fall asleep. Lucky this time though, it was 9 o'clock at night. An early night. Hermione started stroking his hair, singing to him and kissing his cheek a few times.

"It's alright Fred. You can go to sleep now" Hermione noticed that he was slowly closing his eyes now. She kept hugging him as he was facing her, she looked at his eyes and they were fully closed now. Hermione sighed relief and put her head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat. Her head kept rising and falling but she liked that. Making sure he is still breathing. She drifted of to sleep, keeping her body heat close to Freds.

It was now morning, Fred had got up a little early this morning. He had presents laying all over the couch and some on the table. Since it was Hermione's birthday, Fred wanted to do something special for her. They were going out for dinner that night; since sales had been sky rocketing at the shop, he had got paid loads and could spoil Hermione and Little George. He started making pancakes with a little help of magic. He was also organising with his mum if they could go to the burrow for lunch. Fred was also asking if Molly could look after George that night for a couple of hours. He wanted this day to be the day they actually become a family. To be a real family.

Fred heard little George yawn on the baby monitor. He quickly ran and got him before George could start crying and wake up his mum.  Fred held George close to him. Fred was always the protective one, especially with family. When Ginny was lost in the Chamber of Secrets, he was beating himself up because he felt like he wasn't doing a good enough job of protecting his favourite sibling. Fred and George were, they helped Harry and his friends find Ginny. When he found out about his little sister, he started crying. He was also worried about Hermione as they had just started dating.

Fred started whispering in Georges ear.

"You know this will be the first time you will meet the family. Charlie even came back from Romania to see you. Also to see us but mostly to see you." Fred whispers. He continued flipping pancakes until he heard Hermione walk into the kitchen. She looked like she had got a lot of sleep as she was wide awake. Her face lit up when she saw the presents on the table.

"Are these for me?" Hermione asks.

"You and George." Fred smiles.

"Are these all from your family?" Hermione questions.

"Nah, these are all from me. The ones in the corner of the living room are from my family. The ones on the couch are also from me." Hermione runs into the living room and spots a huge pile of presents on the couch and in the corner. "I've also fed little George here and gone shopping for food." Hermione starts tearing and hugs Fred and George. She starts opening up her presents and starts crying.

"Fred you went through all of this trouble. You didn't have to" Hermione says through tears.

"That's the thing. I wanted to. It wasn't trouble anyway. I did it for the one I love." Hermione puts her arms around Freds neck. He holds George in one arm and his other arm around Hermione's waist. They kiss for a moment when George starts crying.

"Oh Georgie. Have you done something in your nappy?" Hermione starts laughing. She picks him up and starts to play with him. She looks at his nappy and there was nothing. "He just wanted to play. He is turning into you every moment!" Hermione kisses Fred on the cheek and places George on the ground.

A few hours later it was time for lunch at the Burrow. Hermione was ready and dressed nicely. She was sitting on the couch as Fred was getting George ready.

"Fred are you almost ready?" Hermione yells through the apartment.

"Almost!" He yells back. She goes to sit down when she hears a knock at the door. She grabs her wand and hid it behind her back as she walked towards the door. Hermione still didn't feel safe after the war even though it had been almost a year since it ended. She opened the door slowly to see a smile across his face.