Chapter 15

Authors Note: This has skipped to Christmas Eve.

"Come on 'Mione! We're going to be late!" Fred yells from the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm coming! Can you please get George from his room!" Hermione yells from the bathroom.

"I already got him! I got him ready when I got ready!" Fred yells back.

"Well then, obviously the baby bag doesn't count then? Nor does the baby carrier?" Hermione walks down the stairs with the baby supplies shaking her head. She was wearing a red dress with her hair in curls.

"Sorry about that" Fred apologies.

"It's alright honey, you do the best you can. Alright everything is set? Let's roll then." They both walk out and apparate to the Burrow to be greeted by one of Molly Weasley's bone crushing hugs.

"Thank Merlin that both of you are alright! No note, no owls, no nothing!" Molly complains.

"Sorry about that Mum, we've been really busy, you know with the shop booming for Christmas and little George here taking all of our time, don't you now Georgie?" Fred puts his arm around Hermione and kisses her head.

"That's alright children as long as you are safe and well that's all I care about. Well come in, come in! It's freezing out here! You guys are going to get a cold out here!" Molly ushers them both inside to the lounge room where there is a roaring fire everyone is surrounding, a drink in there hand. "Guess who's home!" Molly yells. Everyone turns around starts cheering. Bill, Fleur, Charlie, Bella, Percy, Ron, Angelina, Ginny and lastly Arthur were all standing next to the fire throwing their arms up in the air and greeting them. They started catching up on news like how Charlie finally got with Bella.

"So who is this little fella?" Bella asks going over to George and tickling him.

"This is our son George, after my brother," Fred smiled proudly, knowing what George had done in the war.

"Where is he now?" Bella asked curiously. Everyone hushed as they didn't know how Fred would react.

"He died, fighting for what was right. Beside his brother, that may not have been me but at least it was family. I lost my best friend that day but he is still alive, in here. In my head, my memories and now he is with us here." Fred points to George. "I loved my brother greatly, we might not have said it but we both showed it. We knew we did, we didn't have to say it because we spent all of our time together. That's what happened to him and that's why he isn't here today. I'm sorry, I'm going down to the lake," Hermione could see that he needed time alone so she didn't bother following him.

"I'm sorry I asked about him. I just didn't know," Bella apologies.

"It's ok, you didn't know. He just gets a bit touchy on the topic, just don't bring it up otherwise it could end up pretty bad next time. Actually he hasn't talked about it for a couple of months." Arthur sounded surprise.

"He sometimes cried himself to sleep. He would talk about all the times he had with George and how much he missed him and how he couldn't live with himself. He tried to commit suicide but I stopped him. For the baby we were going to have. Then as soon as George was born everything changed. He was as happy as could until the ghost of George turned up and it was the last time he ever saw him. Anyways, it's been a while and I can't see Fred coming in. Can I please take a blanket with me? I think Fred will be a bit cold. I'll be back with your son soon," Hermione walks outside with a jumper that Charlie had given her bagging to her mid thigh, Hermione just realised how buff the Weasley family were. The jumper Charlie gave her clung to his musculant chest, those dragons do him well, it's like Fred with his quidditch. They are all fit. Damn it, I'm marrying into a family of fitness. Hermione thought to herself as she crashed into Fred who was sitting on the ground. He was shivering. "Oh honey, you should've brought a jacket! You're absolutely freezing! Have this jacket, I feel like you need it more than me." Hermione took off the jacket Charlie had given her. Bella gave Charlie a death glare when he gave her the jacket.

"You have it, I couldn't possibly do that to you. You will then be cold besides Charlie's jackets are getting to small for me." Hermione's eyes rose.

"My man is getting buff. I'll sit out here with you then." She throws the blanket on him and sits down making sure Fred was warm. "Do you remember that time we all came down here for a picnic, we all played games and you're mum almost killed us when we got into a mud fight." They both start laughing.

"Yeah George and I created a mud bath over there," he points to next to the lake down a bit. "You almost killed me when I got some in your hair. Remember that Christmas we had here and we had a snowball fight?" Fred asks putting his arm around Hermione noticing her getting cold.

"Yeah and Charlie and Bill came home for that Christmas!" Hermione recalls. "We built an igloo as well! And that wall that we built out of snow, it was kind of like a fort thing wasn't it?" Hermione smiles looking up at Fred.

"This is the spot where I asked you out for the first time and then Angelina came and broke us up. Geez that girl has done a lot of things to us. Especially when she broke up with George." Fred looks down.

"Yeah but we're getting married. Fred, you and I are getting married! We are going to be a real family, you, George and I. We can all sorts of things!" Hermione gets excited.

"Kids! Dinner is ready!" Molly yells from a distance.

"Well we better head up." They both get up and head to the Burrow, hand in hand.

Authors Note: I wonder how dinner is going to go especially with Angelina there.