Chapter 23

The days turned into nights. Slower and slower the days became. Longer and longer. Without Fred to hold her, make her laugh, kiss her, help her, Hermione didn't know what to do. Her baby bump was getting larger and larger, sometimes Charlie would come over to help her. Hermione couldn't be more thankful but didn't understand why it wasn't any of the others. What she didn't know was that Charlie had made a promise. A promise the day the Battle of Hogwarts started. The promise was if anything happened to him, Charlie would be the one to look after Hermione. Charlie walked through the door with a bagful of chips and burgers. A very rare thing for Hermione as she would only eat healthy things.

"Hey Charlie!" Hermione yelled from Georges room. He was almost a year old.

"Hey, I got dinner for us. Is it alright if I stay the night?" Charlie asks putting the food on the table.

"Charlie, you know you don't have to ask. I have the spare room ready and everything. I have washed your clothes, they are on the line, washed you sheets and your pillows," Hermione comes out Georges room with him on her hips.

"'Mione you didn't have to,"

"But I did. You've been so nice to me lately, I had to. I wanted to go and see Fred with you. I thought since its Georges 1st birthday in two weeks maybe we can go and see Fred?" Hermione asks picking up the burgers.

"Yeah sure, we'll go after we eat. Is that alright?" Hermione nods. They eat in silence, Hermione doing the occasional aeroplane into Georges mouth.

"Can you say Ma?" Hermione asks.

"Ma! Ma!" George yells pointing at her. "Da! Da!" He yells at the photo on the wall. "Cha! Cha!" Hermione gasps.

"Charlie, he knows who you are! That's my little Georgie!" Hermione tickles his stomach and Charlie laughs at them both.

"He definitely has your brains Mi. You gotta give him that one. You ready to see Fred?" Charlie asks. Hermione nods. They apparate to the hospital and go to Fred's usual room, having less cords connected to him Hermione was glad. Hermione placed Georgie on the bed and he started clapping.

"Da da!" He starts crawling to his head.

"I always knew he had your brains Mione," Fred slowly opened his eyes and hugged George.

"Fred!" Hermione and Charlie yelled. They both jumped onto Fred and hugged him.

"Wow, your stomach is huge!" Fred exclaims.

"Yeah well they certainly kick in there. The cheeky ones, I think they'll turn out like you and George one day," Hermione laughs kissing Fred on the head.

"Well what can I say, they will have brains and humour. I hope Charlie has been looking after you," Fred asks seriously.

"Don't worry babe, he has been great these past few months. I'm just glad you're back Fred! All of us are!" Hermione rubs her stomach then kisses Fred's forehead.

"We all sure as hell have missed you. I got an owl a few weeks ago from Mum saying Ron has been crying himself to sleep some nights and saying it's his fault for you being in a coma. Partly true, his fault for dating Angelina." Charlie hugs Fred. "Don't ever leave me," Fred hears Charlie whispering under his breath. Fred picks up George and kisses him.

"How are you? Are you good?" George laughs and holds onto his dad's fingers.

"Da da!" They all laugh. "Da da," George kisses his dad.

"I love you too," Fred whispers. The door flies open.

"FREDDIE!" Ginny yells and runs to Fred and George. She hugs them both really tight. "I missed you so much, don't ever leave me again. I hated it, every moment that you weren't there, I took over the shop for you while you were away. I honestly don't know how you aren't always stressed every day." Ginny breathes. She stands up. "How long have you been up?"

"About 5, 10 minutes."

"Hermione, how are they?" Ginny asks rubbing her stomach.

"Great, they are due in 3 months." All of them talk about what Fred had missed. Eventually over time, every Weasley had arrived. They Healers came in occasionally, telling them he will be released the next day. They all got caught up when they all decided to leave the family alone. Charlie says taking George with him to the house. Hermione lay down next to her husband.

"You know it's been 5 months since we got married. Almost 6 in 12 days. I love you," Hermione whispers.

"I love you too. Do you know the genders?" Fred asks.

"Yeah, two girls. Are you excited?" Hermione asks. Fred nods as he slowly falls asleep. Hermione does the same in Fred's arms.