Chapter 25

3 years had past. George was almost 4, Roxanne was 3 and Jessie was almost 2. They were a great happy family now. Nothing could tear them down. Hermione was 24 and Fred was almost 27. They watched the siblings play on the grass of the house they had just bought. Jessie was on Hermione's hip with her other arm around Fred.

"You seriously need to stop getting me pregnant," Hermione sighed.

"Well I'm sorry but you enjoyed it too," Fred tries to keep a straight face and looks out the corner of his eyes. He could see her smiling and smiled out the corner of his eyes. The couple were as happy as could be. It was almost Fred's birthday and Hermione knew not to throw a party for him. She learnt that the first time, knowing he still missed George. They would normally treat April 1st like any normal day. Sometimes Fred would pull a prank on each other but nothing too big. He missed George so much. Little George would always ask why his dad would never have a birthday party. Fred would just answer with 'if you lose someone you love, you can't get over it.' George was always confused but never asked again.

"Did you picture this? Having a small family playing in the front yard?" Hermione asks looking at Fred. Jessie was trying so hard to get out of his mums grip. "There you go then," she places him on the ground.

"Yeah. It's something not to big but not to small, is it what you pictured?" Fred looks out at George making sure he's alright. George was secretly Fred's favourite because he knew exactly like George. He knew it was because him and George were twins but he could just see George in the way he laughed.

"It sure is! And you know what? I love it! And you," Hermione kisses Fred and runs off to play with the kids. They play chasey and hide and seek. The small family play games until their legs couldn't hold them anymore. Jessie had somehow fallen asleep on the bench, Roxanne on the carpet in the living room and George in his room. Jessie had Milo (I don't know if other countries have this but it's in Australia) smudged on his face, Roxanne had grass stains on him and George had mud.

"George," Fred tried to shake him up. "George," he slowly woke up. "Come and get washed up. We are going to Grandma and Grandpas house soon," Fred picks him up as he wipes his eyes and takes him to the bathroom where Hermione was filling up the bath. "I'll go clean up Jessie," Fred kisses Hermione on the forehead.

"Can you please bring in Roxy then?" Fred nods. He fills up a little tub for Jessie and takes Roxanne to 'Mione. "Can you take care of these two for a second, I need to call my parents." Hermione stands and dries her hands. Fred sits down next to the bath.

"Daddy, who is George?" George asks.

"Why you are Georgie! Why do you ask?" Fred asks putting soap onto his nose. George begins to laugh.

"Because I found this on the floor daddy!" George pointed to the basin where a letter had been sitting. Fred grabs it and opens it. He looks at the letter and it read:

Dear George,

I keep thinking you're playing a big prank on me. Sometimes I pull on one of your 'G' sweaters and I stand in the mirror. It's like you're still here, with me. I wish you were still here with me. I can still see your smile in my reflection. You took most of me with you when you left. Most days I just stay in bed, Hermione knows to leave me alone. I just want you to be here with me to make me laugh again. People can make me giggle but not as much as you used to make me laugh. Do you remember the good times we had? I wish you were here with me. I still haven't told them about you yet. I think they won't understand yet. I'll tell them when George is 6. He'll understand then. I think Hermione has already told them though because they keep telling me about pulling Weasley.

I miss you loads. Can't wait to see you again.

Fred.

Fred started tearing up.

"George where did you find this?" Fred asks curiously.

"Mummy tell us stories. She reads us stories about you and George," Fred smiles. He was glad they all knew about his best friend.

An hour past and they were all ready for a Weasley party. Knowing that there were going to be a few of them they all dressed really nice for the occasion. They apparate to the Burrow and get bombarded by the family. Bill and Charlie were there first.

"How's it going little bro? Haven't seen you since this little chap was born," Charlie scruffs up Jessie's hair.

"Sorry I haven't been around more guys. It's just with these little guys and the shop I've been so exhausted."

"It's fine. Charlie has been in Romania quite a bit anyway and I've been at work a lot. Come in come in. Mum has been waiting patiently for you guys to come," Bill ushers them inside. They all catch up with the family with George and Roxanne playing with Harry and Ginny's kids. Percy was getting married to his girlfriend, Charlie was single again after Bella had ended it because he was spending so much time with Hermione when Fred was in hospital. Bill was happily married to Fleur and Ginny had finally got married to Harry with 2 kids so far. Albus and James, them both being great friends with George and Roxanne. Fleur and Bill were expecting one soon. It was going to be on the anniversary of the war, planning on calling it Victorie (Fleurs idea of course) and Charlie still searching for that special someone. He wants to have a small family like Fred. He, being one of the eldest, always idolised Fred and George. Charlie always liked the pranks they pulled and thought they were hilarious, when George died that was a whole different story. It broke his heart, seeing Fred so sad, seeing Fred break down, hearing him cry every night after the war.

They hear a little knock at the door.

"I'll get it," Fred smiles. He opens the door to find Draco standing with a small 3 or 4 year old child.

"Hi, can I come in?" Draco asks. Fred nods and welcomes him in. "May I please stay with you for the night? Astoria and I had a fight. She was threatening to divorce me, I had to leave with Scorpius before anything serious happened," Draco looked innocently into Fred's eyes.

"Yeah sure, I have extra clothes and everything. It might be little large though, too much muscle for people can handle," they both laugh. "Georges clothes will probably fit Scorpius and we have extra mattresses. You know, having a large family you need to be prepared. How did you find me here?" Fred asks.

"I checked the shop, the ministry, your new house and once I couldn't find you there I thought the only other place you could be. The Burrow." Draco sighed. He looked tired, red was present under his eyes.

"Do you want me to take you home? Are you hungry? Thirsty?" Fred asks the pair.

"Scorp are you hungry?" Draco gets on his knees. Scorpius nods.

"Well we have warm chocolate milk and a few biscuits. Come in." Fred ushers them in and gives Draco firewhiskey and a dinner plate and Scorpius warm chocolate milk and biscuits. As he was already friends with George they went off and played. They stayed there until the late hours of the night when the kids started drifting to sleep. They Malfoy and Weasley's apparated to Fred and Hermione's house. They pulled out a mattress for Scorpius in Georges room and Draco took the spare room. They all sleep peacefully until the sun shines brightly on the 1st of April.