Chapter 22

"He is in a deep coma. That wall was made of solid concrete and he has broken a few bones. He is very, very lucky," Nurse Brittany informs the Weasleys and Grangers after 6 long hours.

"Come on children. We haven't eaten for 7 hours and George needs something." Molly informs the family.

"Mum, can you please get me something? I don't wanna leave," Hermione's eyes were all red and puffy from crying. She couldn't lose her best friend and husband.

"No Hermione, you have to come with us. I think you've suffered enough." Mrs Granger looks at her half sternly. Hermione nods. They all walk into the café and get a whole heap of food. Hermione orders an iced chocolate, a small packet of shapes and baby food for George.

"Hermione you have to eat more. Knowing Fred he wouldn't want you to be starved to death and I won't let you go hungry." Molly looks at her slightly worried.

"You're right. Fred wouldn't won't me to starve." Hermione orders all sorts of food. Everyone looks at her slightly weird. "What? I've hardly eaten anything and I'm pregnant ok. Don't dis me," she responds to their misleading look.

"Yeah we understand, we have just never seen eat this much. Even when you were pregnant with George," Bill responds. Hermione shrugs her shoulders and they all start eating.

An hour later the Weasley's and Grangers all walk back to the waiting area outside Fred's room. Nurse Brittany comes out of his room.

"Ok Fred's breathing has been stabilised but I don't know how long he will be in here for. Give it a few weeks, maybe even a few months. He will be on life support until he can breath by himself." Brittany says looking at the long line of people. "Are you all his family?" She asks smiling.

"We are his in-laws," Mrs and Mr Granger stand up.

"I'm his wife, we only got married today and this is our little boy George with another one on the way," Hermione smiles.

"We are his brothers, Percy, Bill, Ron and myself Charlie. His twin died in the war. He has been a little depressed ever since," Charlie looks at her seriously.

"I'm his only only sister, Ginny," Ginny looks a bit sad and happy at the same time.

"We are his parents. I know big family, we were all saddened by his brothers death. Then little Georgie came along and now he is a living memory." Arthur smiles.

"Well it's nice to meet the family who has helped the Wizardry World through dark times. I would like to ask, where is the Mr Harry Potter?" Brittany asks worryingly.

"He is visiting his god fathers grave, he couldn't see another friend die. He will be here soon," Ginny smiles slightly.

"Well you can see him now but only 3 at a time. We don't want to over crowd him," Nurse Brittany walks away with clipboard in hand.

"Hermione, George and Charlie, you go in first," Molly pushes them. They all work in slowly, Charlie opening up the door for Hermione. She spots Fred and runs over to him. She places George on the chair next to the bed and goes over to Fred. He had wires connected to him everywhere.

"Fred! Please don't die on me. I need you here with me, I can't live without you. Please! Your family can't live without you, Georgie needs you as a father and your baby does too!" Hermione cries on Fred, her legs collapsing on her. Charlie runs over and hugs her.

"Hermione, please don't think like that. Fred is a fighter, you know that. He has been through a lot and I don't think Fred would give up now," Charlie tries to comfort her. "He survived through a war, his best friend has died. I don't think he'll give up now." Charlie kisses her forehead. "We'll let the others come in then we'll come in after everyone has had a turn, is that alright with you?" Hermione nods. Charlie wipes away her tears and helps her stand up. He grabs George and walks outside. All the others walk in, each person coming out with tears streaming their faces. The two families left leaving only Charlie, Hermione and George behind.

"Come on let's go," Charlie opens up the door. Hermione's eyes start tearing up.

"Fred, when we got married, you said you wouldn't leave me. Not under any circumstance, until we grow old together. We have loved each other since the start of our schooling years and we won't stop loving each other. George even said it isn't your time to leave me yet." Hermione cries on his shoulders. Charlie wraps his arms around her.

"Why don't you lie next to him? It'll make you feel a little better." Hermione lays next to Fred. She rests her head on his chest so she could hear is heart beat and feel his chest breathing up and down. Charlie got George and started playing with him.

This is what happened for the next few weeks. Sometimes without Charlie as he had to go back to Romania but Hermione came in everyday, for about 3 hours. Sometimes with Percy, sometimes with Bill. Other times it was with Ron. Ginny always went by herself, not wanting to be seen crying by her brothers. She cried and cried seeing her brother like this. She always secretly loved the twins, they were her favourite. She would do anything to protect them, then George died. Ginny thought she had failed her job, especially seeing Fred not come out of his room on weeks on end. She couldn't imagine seeing the twins apart. She would return to Harry, her eyes red and puffy. All the kids came home with red, puffy eyes. For weeks and weeks they all came home like this. Fred was improving really slowly. Hermione's baby bump was getting bigger. Slowly 1 month turned to 4 months and 5 months was slowly creeping up on them. While she was at Saint Mungoes she went to see a doctor to find the gender.

"Congratulations, you are due to have," the nurse started.