My Life

Aliyana Pov

That feeling you get when your lips are puckered up to a rolled up blunt. The inhale of the secret medicine that takes away from the dangers of life and world itself. No worrying about who's going to be on the other side of it. That feeling seeping through your lungs. The burning sensation of pleasure running down your lungs. And having it all blown back out in a cloud of freedom.

You set yourself up for that ride you get. That trip it takes you on as you feel relaxed. A feeling of one hundred tranquilizers sticking at your skin sucking your teeth then feeling your body droop down along with your fears. Your deepest depression. Your worst nightmares.

Your body droops and is drained your thoughts livid and your brain pulsing.

Faded

And then you open your eyes to a reality of chaos and murder. A place Not knowing how you got there when you were once at peace. Open your eyes to a little bitch called life.

I dropped the blunt to the tray and looked off out the window to see the sun setting. Night shift starts in 2 hours. I stared blankly at the wall. Hearing the ear piercing sirens of the cop cars outside my window. Turning my body towards my sleeping best friend I stretch my body on my bed.

"Ray get up!" I groaned as my mind set back into reality.

He rolled onto his side opening his blood shot eyes.

"What..." He said deeply. Rubbing his eyes as he sat up in his bed. I let out the last of my high moment. "It's time.." I said strolling out of bed. Snatching my torn up towel and clothes to the bathroom. He rolled over on his side before I could even make out the words. " I'm getting in the shower" I said to him. He flipped me off and buried his head under his pillow.

Typical Ray

No water as usual. Just a faucet and a bucket a washcloth and a drain. Sure we gotta a toilet. One in our room but the so called "shower" is ridiculous. As I created suds on my body. Washing away the agony of life. It couldn't scrub away it all but majority.

After completing all necessary daily things i slipped on my grey PINK sweats and white tee. Tying it to the side. My curls frilly all over the place.

As I came out Ray still remained his ass on his bed. Looking at me get ready he rubbed his eyes. Shaking my head I sat on the edge of my bed glancing around looking for my grey converses.

He chuckled sitting up stretching his back. Hanging my legs off my bed I gave him a confused look. Ruffling my hair out of my face I tilted my head in curiosity.

"Why you laughing ?" I asked. He let out a last yawn and pointed at my converses. "You stay strolling around with them old ass sneakers A?"

Flipping him off I tie my shoes and make my way to the door. "Hurry up you know he don't like us late." I said closing the door behind me.

Walking down the hall I glanced around at the other people in the home. This isn't a normal home. It's filled with friendly people, sick people, drunks, crack babies, high and wasted people. Everything you can think of.

Why am I here ? You may be asking. What the hell she doing In. A dump like this. No shower sharing a room with some nigga. Well I'am on the A team. A team filled with sick twisted people willing to either sell there body for cash or sell some dope for smoking to some other junkies.

I joined the A Team at Age 13. In need of a place to stay after being left by my adopted parents. Seemed like I wasn't the perfect child but I still was a child. Then I use to have feelings. Boss found me on the street and asked me