Yikes!

Aliyana Pov

Monday morning I woke up to Jacob laying on the couch. He was watching tv and looked exhausted. I tilted my head.

"Jay you okay?" I asked going up to the couch. I sat by his side.

"Yeah." He said wiping his eyes. He cleared up a whole bunch of papers that were on the table. I looked at them and he began to scoop then up.

"Um pink can you start the stove ill start breakfast." He said rubbing his eyes. I was actually pretty worried about Jacob he wasn't one to just be tired. Jacob , he's always playing around and trying to tickle me. This Jacob seemed drained and out of it.

"You slept ?" He laughed tiredly. He didn't sleep did he?

"Duh pink now lemme make you pancakes so we can go play ball with the boys." He started grabbing pans and pots and I could tell he was out of it. Now he's lying to me? Well after how much I've lied to him I wouldn't bring it up anymore.

"I'll go shower." I said being cautious of him. He nodded getting stuff out of the fridge.

Jacob was sure acting weird. I don't think he slept last night. I don't think he slept at all. I walked up the stairs looking in the shopping bags for something to wear. I picked a Plaid red shirt and capris. I placed it out on the bed. I took my towel and went to the shower. Feeling hot water on my body felt good. I liked the warmth. The a team never had hot water. We never had showers. Or a tub. We had a faucet a bucket and personal wash cloths. The water would be cold. Sometimes dirty. Sometimes creatures would crawl in it. Dead flies and insects. This water was clean. And the soap was fantastic. As I day dreamed I heard a scream.

"Jacob!?" I yelled. I shut off the water wrapping my towel around me I ran downstairs.

"Jacob?!" I yelled In a more panic tone. I walked as I heard the beeping of an alarm. I saw the black smoke and walked inside the kitchen to see Jacob fanning out the black smoke. He coughed viciously.

"The pancakes burned" he coughed fanning the smoke out the window. He gasped for air.

"Get my inhaler and pain killer pills" He choked. He wheezed and began coughing more. Holding his chest he clutched at his shirt.

"Where is it?"

"Side table." He coughed placing his hands on his chest. His breathing weakened. I ran upstairs slipping and sliding wet.

"Pump pump." I looked around and found a little L shaped pump. I grabbed it. Pills ? Pills ? He didn't say where the pills are.

"Pink!" I heard him yell. I heard a crash and grabbed a bottle shaking it. sounds like pills. Better hope its what he need. I ran down stairs. I gave him the stuff. Seeing the broken plate I looked up to see Jacob sucking and breathing in the inhaler. He coughed a bit holding his chest. He took the pills and ate about four.

"You fine now?" I asked him. I sat down on a stool.

"Yeah..." He said sitting across from me. I watched as he gulped down some water.

"The pancakes burnt." I said frowning. He laughed.

"Yeah." He said looking back at the stove.

"We can get breakfast at IHop my treat." He said smiling.

"It's always your treat my treat this time." I said smiling.

"With what money?" He said smirking. I huffed a breath.

"Well yours duh." We both laughed. He looked at the bottle pills. His jaw dropped.

"Where'd you get these pills?" He asked looking at the bottle.