Chapter 34

We arrived in Europe early in the morning with Katrina arriving a few hours earlier so she and Kevin can set phase one of our plans into motion. Uncle stated that's where the cells should be and is pretty sure that's where Mitch is being held. Katrina would bring Kevin's "dead" body to her father to keep him distracted while Avi, Uncle Alexander and I entered through the old sewer system underneath Zayn's castle.

"Hold on baby, I'm almost there... " I felt everything that Mitch was going through and I would just break down because I couldn't get to him. Zayn was going to pay severely for hurting my mate.

Once we got ourselves situated, I sent Avi ahead to scope out the castle to see how many guards surrounded the place. I sat at the table looking out the window. It feels weird being back here. Although I was a kid, I still remember everything. I remember the walks my father and I went on in the forest. We would lie in the grass watching the clouds and say what they look like. He would teach me the history of my vampire heritage. Father and Uncle Alexander would instruct me in the ways of swordsmanship and how to feed properly. I remember the runs I took with mother in the woods. She was the most beautiful wolf I have ever seen. Her fur was the purest white, like the first fallen snow. Her eyes would turn the deepest shade of green that would make the jeweled emerald envious. She was a powerful warrior. She would teach me the other half of my heritage as well along with how to fight in battle.

"Scott, I want you to remember everything I taught you because it will help in your survival... There are dangerous people out here trying to harm you, even kill you because of what you are. There are some who believe that our kind and your father's kind should remain bitter enemies... Your father and I love you so very much... No matter what, always remember that..." She said through our mind link.

"Yes mama..." I walked up to her and nuzzle my nose in her neck and inhale her scent. She smelled of cherry blossoms and vanilla.

She laid her forehead against mine and placed her paw around my neck.

"Je t'aime mon petit..." (I love you my little one...)

"Je t'aime trop mama..." (I love you too mama...)

What I remembered the most is the love I saw between my parents. It was pure, honest, compassionate, gentle, loving, devoted and it was destroyed because of one man's sick and twisted jealousy.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Uncle Alexander came into the room. He had something in his hand and placed it on the desk.

"How are you doing son?"

"I'm here..."

"When they took your father, he gave me this to give to you at the appropriate time."

He began to unravel what was wrapped in the fabric. My jaw dropped when I saw it. My father's sword... I don't know why I was so hesitant to touch as if I did, it would shatter into a thousand pieces. The handle was made of pure gold engraved with the family crest. The blade was engraved with the most intricate detailing. I grabbed the sword and move around with the room with it remembering everything father taught me. Surprisingly it was very light weight for its size. Uncle Alexander stood by looking like a proud father.

"Your father was a good man and a good leader... I'm very proud and honored to call him my friend..."

I went over to hug him. I'm so thankful to have this man in my life. He hugged back with just as much force as if to know what I'm feeling at that very moment.

"Alpha... I'm at the castle and from what I can tell it's heavily guarded. Three guards make their rounds every two minutes around the sewer entrance. So we have to be swift and very quiet..." Avi stated through our mind link.