Chapter 19

A/N:

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! I HOPE YOUR YEAR IS GOING GREAT SO FAR!!!

ZAYN'S CONVERSATION WILL BE IN ITALICS....

Alex and Tori thought they were keeping up a good front but everyone could that something has happened between them. Alex hasn't talked to Scott since that night... Alex was the one who took on the responsibility of keeping Scott's secret. He loved that boy like he was his own child. He loved Tori even more and it broke his heart when he screamed at her. She was his life. What really broke his heart was the fact that his brother Caleb was gone and he didn't make amends with him. They were very close like Joey and Todrick until Tori came into the picture. They both fell in love with her but she was Alex's mate. Caleb tried breaking the bond by attempting to rape Tori and mark her on the eve of their wedding night. Alex was about to rip his head off until Tori pleaded with him to not to. Caleb begged for forgiveness only to have Alex disown him as his brother. He wanted to get as far away from Caleb as possible and the opportunity came the night Vlad was taken before the elders and he asked him to protect Scott. Over the years, he was able to finally forgive his brother but never had the courage to talk to him. Alex was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't hear Tori come into the room.

"A penny for your thoughts..." Alex sighed as he heard his wife speak. She was the most beautiful thing he ever laid his eyes on. A tear left his eye. Tori made her way over to her husband and hugged him so tightly. He rested his head on top of hers and kissed her hair lightly.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to yell at you... You know I would never do that..." He just held her and breathed in her scent which smelled of vanilla and cream.

"I know..."

"I love you with all my heart..."

"I know Alex... What's going on?" Tori felt her husband tense up. Her brown eyes met his hazel ones. "Please... What are you hiding from me?"

"I cannot say..."

"Why???"

"I just can't..." Alex felt Tori sigh. As much as he wanted to tell her, he couldn't risk putting his family in danger.

"Do you forgive me??"

"I already did... I wish you would tell what's going on but I'll wait until you're ready..." Tori stood on her toes to kiss Alex's cheek... He let out a little laugh because of the height difference.

"You need to talk to Scott..."

"I know... He's in need of a much needed apology..." Alex sighed. He didn't mean to lash out at Scott because truly it wasn't his fault.

"I will go over to his house and talk to him tomorrow..." Tori just nodded her head and then nuzzled more into chest.

"I'm going to get started on dinner... You want anything in particular???"

"Just you with nothing but a smile on..." Alex winked suggestively.

"I think that can be arranged..." Tori lips met his as they kissed passionately. They broke away from each other when there was a knock at the door.

Joey has been home from the hospital for two weeks now and he sensed the tension between his parents.

"Can I come in??" Joey stood at the door looking at his parents wondering if they were really ok.

"Sure... Is everything all right? Alex asked his son.

"Is everything ok with you two???"

"Yes baby, we're fine now... We just had a little tiff but we're ok..." Tori said as she gestured him to come in for a hug. The three hugged each with so much love in their hearts, with Joey hugging more firmly. What Tori and Alex didn't know was that he was outside the door listening trying to find out what really happen the night Scott was over. Zayn was listening as well seeing that he was telepathically linked to Joey.