Chapter 8 ~Idea~

Josh laid on his bed with his hands behind his head and one knee up. He was thinking of a way out. He can't get out on his own because there is nothing he can use. Josh can't communicate with his people either in any sort of way. Josh's only tool to get out is through other people. Manipulation might work. Then his concentration was disturbed by noises of somebody coming downstairs. It was Preston.

"You awake over there, Joshua?" he asked from a distance.

"Yes, and you don't have to call me 'Joshua'." Josh sat up.

"I like it and as long as your my prisoner I can call you whatever I want to." Preston sassed. He then took a seat in his chair. Josh knew Preston is his main ticket out so he has to be nice. As shown by the other day, Preston is willing to make conversation.

"What's the weather like here?" Josh started with an easy question.

"Um, like weather? Sunny some days, rainy others." Preston answered.

"Do you like living here?" Josh continued. He didn't want to spend too much time on unimportant subjects. Josh asked this because he thought that maybe if Preston was unhappy, that Josh could get him to turn against the greater power.

"Yes. Then again it's the only place I've ever been in so I have nothing to compare it with." Preston replied. "Why are you asking me all these questions?"

"Because we're going to spend a lot of time together. Do you not want me to be friendly?" Josh ran his fingers through his hair.

"No, I don't have a problem with you being friendly. I was just wondering." Preston raised his hands in defense.

"Okay. How old are you?" Josh continued.

"Seventeen."

"Same. Are you related to anyone of importance?" Josh asked.

"I'm the nephew of Jerome Aceti." Preston responded. Josh didn't know who that was but he pretended he did by giving a small nod.

"Liar." a separate voice shouted. Preston got up and walked over to the wooden door.

"Be quiet!" Preston kicked the door. Josh was curious as to who that was but he would have to wait until Preston, the guard, was gone. It was then silent for a moment.

That's when an idea popped into Josh's head. In order for this to work he needs to establish trust between Preston and himself. He needs to make Preston his friend. This idea will take time not just one day. If King Rob and Simon want Prince Josh and Lachlan to be the change to their kingdoms then that's what they'll be. They want their people to be safe and happy right?