Chapter 15 ~Fight~

Over the past couple of days, Josh has been a lot more quiet and distracted. Him and Harry would talk whenever Preston wasn't around. Preston hasn't spent as much time downstairs because he is busy helping Rob and the others prepare for whenever Simon's troops attack. It could be any day now...

Preston and Jerome stood on the higher ledges of the castle looking out into the distance. It was their turn to watch for anything suspicious in the nearby woods. Preston could hear Rob and Mitch discussing whether or not the original formation they had decided on was strong enough. Mitch thought it was but Rob disagreed.

"Rob, we don't have time to change it. Trust me, the way we have it now will work best. This isn't your typical forest fight." Mitch asserted.

"But are you sure Simon won't be able to surround us?" Rob asked.

"This formation is designed to prevent that." Mitch assured him. Preston stopped listening because it wasn't that interesting to him. He let out a large sigh and slumped against the back wall.

"What?" Jerome looked over at him. Preston shook his head.

"Nothing I'm just bored." He shrugged it off. "What would happen if we lost this fight and they got Josh back?" Preston wondered.

"I don't think that's going to happen." Jerome scoffed.

"Yeah, but what if it did?" Preston kept pushing.

"I don't know but we'd still fight to get Lachlan back. Vik wouldn't accept a defeat like that. In our own kingdom?" Jerome pointed out. Preston nodded.

"I just can't wait until all of this over." he expressed.

"I don't think this war is ever going to end."

"Well, not the whole war, but just this stolen-prince-swap-thing." Preston cleared up. He turned his focus back out to the distance. He zoned out a bit. Everyone was hurting from this. For different reasons but it all affected them the same. It's scary because you don't know what is happening on the other side. The people just want to feel safe right now.

"Preston! I see them!" Jerome shouted, snapping me back to reality. "Rob! Mitch! They're coming!" he alerted them. They informed the troops and got them ready for battle.

The first half of the army marched outside of the castle walls to fight and prevent Simon's side from coming inside. The other half was waiting on the inside incase they do somehow or if the troops outside needed backup. Rob's side was able to push the enemy side further back and almost split them in half, scattering them. So far it was working in Rob's favor. Looks like Mitch was right to keep this formation. Not that they would have had time to change it anyways. It was an easy win for the West Kingdom. Simon shouldn't gave Rob time to prepare. Especially almost a week's worth. Soon enough Simon and his army were retreating. The west side was left cheering and whooping in success.

(Sorry it's just a filler chapter)