Chapter 28 ~Save~

As soon as the distant echoing of Preston's and Rob's footsteps were gone, Josh rolled off of his bed. He walked up to the bars and looked towards Harry cell, letting out a sigh.

"So, Preston's free... Now what do we do?"

"All we can do is wait." Harry answered. "Unless Preston finds a way to sneak down here." Josh didn't have the patience to sit and wait for another who knows how long. He wondered what Simon has chosen to do. What if he did decide to let Josh die? Josh shook off that thought. There is no way Simon is that cold hearted.

"How did you make it these last sixteen years?" Josh asked Harry still astounded.

"Meh, the lack of activity and sunlight drains your energy out." Harry looked down at the metal cuffs around his wrists.

"Great positivity." Josh scoffed sarcastically.

"Hey, I waited till almost all hope was lost. In fact it basically was. But I knew there was at least a pinch left and I wasn't about to let it go. Thank goodness I didn't because now you're here. That's what we have to do right now."

Preston followed Rob up three flights of stairs to his room. The plan that Rob and the others have already decided on could change everything. Preston noticed how different things in castle have become since Lachlan was captured. The light that shines in through the massive stained glass windows now seemed dimmer. Things as small as the smell of freshly baked cookies no longer present. The flowers Rob once used to decorate the interior now gone or dead. It was so sad.

"Okay, so, Preston, this is our plan." Rob pulled over two chairs for him and Preston to sit in. "Simon has agreed to cancel the wedding and give Lachlan back. Me and Mitch have thought of a way to work around the trade and come out on top. What we do is not actually bring Josh or Harry with us. Simon will bring Lachlan thinking we have his son but we will have already killed them. We'll steal Lachlan from right behind him." Sadly, what Rob did not know, was that Simon had the exact same plan. Preston agreed to Rob's plan having no choice.

Preston knew right away what to do next. He had to stall the execution of Josh and Harry. In the middle of the night Preston snuck downstairs to the execution room where the guillotine stood. Breaking the guillotine will save his brother and good friend. Preston tip toed down the stairs trying to minimize the echoing sound. The execution room was right across from where Josh and Harry sat. Preston decided that after he breaks the guillotine, he'll visit the two.

(Sorry these past couple of chapters are shorter. These last four shooouuld be longer)