Chapter 30 ~Preparation~

The day was finally here. Lachlan was going to be wed to King Simon. The thought sent shivers down his spine. He was stood in his cell, waiting to be taken upstairs. Lachlan didn't want to believe this was happening. That, his father hadn't saved him in time. That he could no longer be able to love, Vik. Lachlan's dream of freedom dropped to zero. Lachlan looked out of the tiny window where Preston's face would sometimes be. The letters from Josh would slide in, as they planned out their freedom.

"Lachlan!" A voice barked. Lachlan turned around to see Tobi with the door open. "Get out of dreamland, it's time to get you dressed." Tobi grabbed Lachlan's arm and pulled him out. Lachlan didn't try to fight it, there was no use.

Lachlan looked at himself once more in the same mirror that taunts him. A reminder that, this, has become his new life. Lachlan turned from side to side making the dress swish. It was pretty but he'd rather be in a suit. He went over the good times in his head before giving his life up.

"Looking beautiful princess!" Tobi snickered from the back. Lachlan didn't take it to heart, and instead laughed at him.

"Thanks." He took a deep breath; there's no going back.

"Simon and everyone are waiting for you in the chapel. Lets go."

Over in the West Kingdom, they were preparing for their final fight.

Rob walked to the front of his troops where his horse sat as everyone got into place. They were all set and ready to march out to the East Kingdom. Hopefully it won't be too late. Vik started a death chant to King Simon. Soon almost everyone joined in. Preston was allowed to come and join the battle. Mainly because Rob didn't trust him to be alone in the castle with Josh and Harry. While everyone was outside, Preston took this as his chance to sneak downstairs to the dungeon. He wanted to give Josh something important.

"Josh! Josh! Josh!" Preston hissed quickly running towards.

"Preston, what?! Is something wrong?" Josh asked, now frightened.

"No not necessarily. Rob and the rest of his army are leaving right now to go surprise attack your kingdom." Preston informed him. "Before I leave with them, I wanted to give you this key." Preston slipped it in between two bars and dropped it onto Josh's hand. "Use it to get out in times of urgency. Like if when we come back and we're about to hang you, you can escape. But only in emergency because I don't want to get in trouble." Preston explained. "I'm doing this now because I don't know when or if I'll ever see you again." he added.

"Thanks, Preston. You've been a great brother." Josh wrapped his hand around the key. "Now go get Lachlan back! But don't kill my father." Preston ran upstairs and joined the rest of the troops in their march to the East Kingdom.